Opti
Opti Dork
5/1/21 9:51 a.m.

I picked up a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE. It had 900 miles on it and is pretty much a new car.

I picked it up in Dallas last night and proceeded to drive an hour and a half home in the rain and tons of traffic. It was a little hair raising on the Goodyear Supercar3s but actually did pretty good. Wet roads are fine, standing water is bad.

I currently have no idea how anything works, I was just trying to get the car home. Forecast is showers all weekend. Went out to grab breakfast this morning and everything is still soaked. Maybe it will clear up and I can actually see how this thing runs and handles

The dealer wasn't even nice enough to leave me with enough gas to get home, so I had to stop before I made it back, but this is her at pretty much the end of her maiden voyage

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/1/21 10:01 a.m.

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear your impressions of it once it dries out!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/1/21 10:01 a.m.

Looks good. The black wheels are sharp.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/21 10:11 a.m.
Opti said:

I picked up a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE. It had 900 miles on it and is pretty much a new car.

"Carfax shows history in Canada, where it had been maintained well, with many spark plug changes"

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/1/21 10:39 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Opti said:

"Carfax shows history in Canada, where it had been maintained well, with many spark plug changes"

That's just wrong, lol.

Love the car. Is the black hood stock?

Opti
Opti Dork
5/1/21 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Black hood is stock on 1LEs, along with mirrors, spoilers, and splitter. It's a wrap, hood is painted under it.

I've been trying to drive it all day. It's still nasty out, but the roads are drying. Wife agrees it's a nice cruiser. 

The exhaust is spectacular. It makes both of us giggle when we make a pull over 4k.

Corners very flat, that's a weird change coming from an ND

Its so civilized that I kept finding myself going way faster than I expected. I'd drop a couple gears to pass someone and look down and say E36 M3 that's about 20 mph faster than I expected.

The revmatch is exceptional. I probably won't use it but it always gets the perfect RPM for smooth downshifts.

Opti
Opti Dork
5/1/21 12:04 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

They are stock and was a big draw for me to the 1le package. I really like these wheels

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/1/21 12:36 p.m.

I tried to rent one a Camaro in Nashville Hertz but being tall my head was going to be on an angle for a three hour drive to my customer due to the sunroof.  So I was given some Jaguar Impala.  

At the 2020 Chicago Auto Show pre-Covid I sat in a non-sunroof model and felt I could live with it as the headroom was better for me. 

Nice car - enjoy the ride. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
5/1/21 2:00 p.m.

Congrats OPTI. Beautiful and menacing. Tint is a bit much - says  22 year old hoodlum gangsta

Opti
Opti Dork
5/1/21 7:12 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I like tint, but agree it is too dark. I generally prefer 80 on the windshield and about 35 on the windows, I bet this is probably either illegal or right at the limit. I doubt I'll ever do anything about it though

When I rolled into the gas station last night, I thought dang this place is real dark then I rolled my window down and realized it was as well lit as a normal gas station

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
5/1/21 9:12 p.m.

Thats 5%

Rodan
Rodan Dork
5/1/21 9:34 p.m.

Excellent choice!  yes

Opti
Opti Dork
5/2/21 4:32 p.m.

I love this thing been. Ive driving it all day since it dried up. It has power all over the rpm range. It just sticks, I ran through a curvy road headed out to the parents house, and some of the corners I went considerably faster than I ever dared in the ND, and no drama, felt like way more left on the table. I can't wait to get it to an autox.

It also surprisingly comfortable in Tour mode to just cruise around.

I can't get enough of the exhaust above 4k.

Another picture but rinsed off in the sun

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/3/21 10:15 a.m.

Nice pickup! I test drove a new '18 SS 1LE at the end of 2017. The salesman didn't care for me walking it sideways up a slightly off-camber on ramp.

I just couldn't force myself to pull the trigger. Even though it was kind of tough to see out of, all you have to do is punch the throttle and anything that might have been in your blind spot will be quickly left behind. 

And the ergo's were great for me. 

Opti
Opti Dork
5/3/21 1:19 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Checked it today its 27%. I was quite surprised.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hF04C1cbasLlAWcImMwBk7iCYtqgJ0Oz47xfbzGMd9YFIeLmo0TTBG6O23Rx257b