Robert Bowen
Robert Bowen Editor
7/25/22 11:51 a.m.

[Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the October 2010 issue of Grassroots Motorsports.]

Bill Schenker is happy to admit that he’s not perfect. In fact, that’s the whole reason he built his very trick Miata. 

A former Olympic Alpine ski racer, Bill is very competitive by nature. He couldn’t stand the thought of his own weaknesses causing him to lose …

Read the rest of the story

DaleCarter
DaleCarter GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/25/22 6:17 p.m.

Very cool car and the same gateway as F1 driver Davina Galica :-)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/22 6:41 p.m.

Bill's car is (was?) full of details. He did multiple dyno runs to find out the perfect length for the tube connecting the filter to the throttle body. The alternator is about the size of your fist.

That brake setup was the inspiration for our Little Big Brake Kit, IIRC, although the implementation that was on the car the last time we had it on our lift didn't provide enough braking force. It was a tiny caliper he was trying to use - I think the pictures here show a bigger one.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/23 3:27 p.m.

Whew!  Just scanning the title and not thinking too much I thought this might be another Tanya Harding thread 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
4/18/23 10:20 a.m.

Bill quit autocrossing awhile ago.  And is back to skiing competitively (Masters) again.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EqnhktWIIROXiwHtFhX1p6Ak959mxH1oq7pfGNrGUUn0A31MnwG7nK5i3gR4Tadu