1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 93
adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/16/22 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

No, the head of the FIA is more concerned about rainbows on bikes and drivers pushing their "beliefs" on others, you know like basic human rights and such.

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI New Reader
6/17/22 3:21 p.m.

Wait Lance is 7th after practice 1! They must be allowing him to cheat somehow. 

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
6/17/22 7:37 p.m.

Something's wrong with Alonslo's car too! and Vettels! 

Should be a really interesting qually tomorrow.....

johndej
johndej SuperDork
6/18/22 4:03 p.m.

Interesting indeed with it sopping wet right now at the start.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/18/22 4:32 p.m.

Hard conditions- Perez is now out since he caused a red flag.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/18/22 4:56 p.m.

With all of the chaos of problems, a rather interesting Q3 list of participants.  One Ferrari, Red Bull, and McLaren didn't get to finish the session....  Haas looks pretty strong. 

But the other Red Bull is in a different category.  That's got some very efficient downforce.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/18/22 5:08 p.m.

Am I hearing things? Or can you hear the bottom of Hamilton's car hitting the track on the longer straights.. The RB is definitely in a class of 1.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
6/18/22 5:13 p.m.

Fernando!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/18/22 5:14 p.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter) said:

Am I hearing things? Or can you hear the bottom of Hamilton's car hitting the track on the longer straights.. The RB is definitely in a class of 1.

Sounds like it to me, even at those relatively slow speeds.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/18/22 5:15 p.m.

Gutsy try for George.  And lucky he didn't go down the order.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/22 5:20 p.m.

I don't think anyone would have predicted that quali result. 

It was great that Merc/George tried the gamble on slicks. Bummer it didn't work out. 

Keith Tanner
6/18/22 5:21 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

The noise sounds like gear lash loading and unloading, but it has to be the car grounding. No wonder that hurts. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/18/22 6:37 p.m.

What a gloriously berkeleyed up starting order.  Rain always makes for fun.  How snotty is Fernando going to be into turn one?devil

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
6/18/22 6:43 p.m.

Vettel and Stroll have to be a major disappointment, both are good drivers in wet conditions, they musta really muffed the setup!

The Hamster's best qually of the year, I think?

LeClerc will have a fun race charging from the back, it will be interesting to see how far up the grid he can get by the end.

Sainz needs to get past Fred quickly if he's going to have any chance, then let Fernando keep the Haminator behind him. I wonder if should George get right up behind Hammy if they'll make Lewis move over for him, since he's so far ahead in the points now? That was always the excuse they used with Boughtass......

I'm used to being able to get up in the AM and watch the race, I'm not used to having to wait all day! 

It's supposed to be dry and cool tomorrow, being able to get and keep the tires up to temps will determine the winner I think.

Cuda
Cuda Reader
6/18/22 7:30 p.m.
MiniDave said:

LeClerc will have a fun race charging from the back, it will be interesting to see how far up the grid he can get by the end.

With Perez being so far back in the grid, i expect some fun racing back there. I would think pit strategy is going to be the determining factor to see if Leclerc gets by him. 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
6/19/22 12:51 a.m.

I figure Alonso has already told Max that "If there is any chance at the start.....expect me not to yield at all." devil

Max would be wise to wait for drs a few laps later. 

Keith Tanner
6/19/22 1:08 a.m.

For once, Max is not the one with nothing to lose in turn 1 :) But yielding is not a strong suit, so this will be interesting.

Looks like the forecast is for a nice sunny day on race day, alas.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/22 1:43 a.m.

HAAS 5th and 6th!!!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/19/22 3:13 p.m.

Unusual reason for a SC at this track.  But it sure sets up for a fun ending- Hamilton was keeping with Verstappen, who was trying to close ASAP on Sainz.  Not sure that 6 lap tire difference is going to make much of a difference- it will be about who's car is best in traffic.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
6/19/22 3:19 p.m.

So.. A 15 lap sprint to the end.. Should be a good show 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/19/22 3:27 p.m.

Lewis sitting with fastest lap at lap 50.  That's pretty good for Merc, I'd say.

Finish could be epic.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/19/22 3:43 p.m.

I swear, the hairpin has had the same idiot cameraman for 30 years.  Every time there is something interesting happening on corner entry, he follows the cars to mid corner, then gives us an arty shot of the crowd, instead of showing the berking RACECARS!  I remember this from when CBC would broadcast the race with Jackie Stewart as analyst.

It's like watching Fox Sports baseball.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/19/22 3:45 p.m.

Was hoping that the Ferrari could have save a little there at the end- but Sainz had less grip coming out of the hairpin as the race came to a close.  Oh, well.

Merc looks a lot better, especially when they were supposed to be pretty bad here given what happened last weekend.  Lewis gets his first podium of the season out of that.  And he was faster than George for the race, other than when the tires were wearing out.

It was funny that Brundle complained a little about the DRS being too powerful, when the "easy" passes were actually pretty few.  More where the following car had a tough time passing-which was pretty good.

One interesting thing- Red Bull was WAY faster than the field until today.  Today they were the fastest car, for sure- but not nearly the margin before.  

Keith Tanner
6/19/22 3:46 p.m.

That was a pretty good race overall. Max just doesn't feel pressure. Although his incomprehensible sputtering radio call after coming out of the pits on Lewis' gearbox was hilarious. 

Keith Tanner
6/19/22 3:47 p.m.

They kept saying how the Ferrari was trimmed for less downforce for speed, but of course that translates to less drive off the corners. 

1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eKYfIQgXQpagYyoJXLaEuYMMNIL27PDAbaKXeN7xnCBldTN1i1JHWUKyhG7UeU6u