1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 93
06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/8/22 3:01 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

I heard that Toto joked that he would run the Mercedes without the rear wing...  I bet they will trim that car out as much as they can get away with in FP1.  

Maybe Toto wasn't joking 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/8/22 7:27 p.m.

So Sergio Perez is a nobody??? Not right if let go.....but I'm not in charge, a shame to say the least cuz the suggested replacements are tossers

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/9/22 8:06 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Haven't seen the article you're referencing, what's the story?

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
9/9/22 10:03 a.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter)
9/9/22 10:36 a.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter)
9/9/22 3:16 p.m.
MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
9/9/22 8:26 p.m.

Don't they say this pretty much every weekend? Then Sunday there they are, right near the top and threatening for the win?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/22 9:05 p.m.

They're not getting their points on car speed, it's a top driver pairing and good strategy. They're definitely outperforming the car. 

Ferrari, on the other hand...

johndej
johndej SuperDork
9/10/22 7:27 a.m.

Nyck de Vries gets a chance to take the Williams for a spin. Wonder how he'll stand against Latifi.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/10/22 10:22 a.m.
johndej said:

Nyck de Vries gets a chance to take the Williams for a spin. Wonder how he'll stand against Latifi.

Quick demonstration he is faster. Even with his fastest time deleted he makes it into q3. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/10/22 11:05 a.m.

So it's becoming clear that the power unit penalties are being used strategically. It's not about failures anymore, it's about performance. 

Instead of lessening the penalties for extra changes, they need to be increased, and perhaps spread over multiple races. Otherwise the power unit limits are pointless. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/22 12:49 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

As I have said since (I think) page 2, this has to be the end of the road for Latifi. Getting beat by a driver that has had an hour of seat time in that car not having loads of simulator time to get ready is a clear indication he isn't up to par. No beef with him but it's time to go. 

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
9/10/22 3:00 p.m.

So, where is Albon this weekend? And why didn't they put Nick in Latifi's car?

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
9/10/22 3:03 p.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

Albon has appendicitis.. Nick just happened to be in the Mercedes pits this weekend https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.albon-stand-in-de-vries-explains-how-he-went-from-f1-tv-pundit-to-f1-driver.11jkf2nNyzvueSDjIHMbro.html

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/22 3:51 p.m.

If a shuffled grid makes for good racing, we are in for a treat tomorrow. Everyone other than Charles is out of place. 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/10/22 3:56 p.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to MiniDave :

Albon has appendicitis.. Nick just happened to be in the Mercedes pits this weekend https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.albon-stand-in-de-vries-explains-how-he-went-from-f1-tv-pundit-to-f1-driver.11jkf2nNyzvueSDjIHMbro.html

He was actually in the Aston Martin pits this weekend. wink

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.de-vries-to-replace-vettel-in-first-practice-for-aston-martin-at-monza.1h85tgl2hgVzjoepbq5zVt.html

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/10/22 7:16 p.m.
johndej said:

Hahahahahahaha...

As a Canadian, the sooner he goes away, the better.  Go home and get to work in Dad's chicken empire.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/10/22 7:18 p.m.

If Charles doesn't win this one, just give Max the trophy, send him home, and let the rest of the grid race out the season for second place.

I am starting to understand how the Lewis haters felt for all those years.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/10/22 7:27 p.m.

I don't see Leclerc being close to winning yet. I seriously think that the RBR cars are both biased fully towards race pace and tire care. It will be a RBR 1-2. 

UNLESS!

Alonso crashes out Max

Or VSC or SC happens a lap after Max pits.

If anything I felt at the end of 2020 that Honda looked to have figured this power system out and left prematurely they deserve some credit. Then the engineering team at RBR just crushed the new rules. 

NY Nick
9/11/22 10:21 a.m.

48 great interesting laps and the end berkeleying sucks. I can't believe the FIA pulls this E36 M3. They let last year end like that and then do this. berkeleying stupid. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
9/11/22 10:24 a.m.

I've got no problem with safety car finishes. If its a safety car for the same wreck on lap 5, its the same as a safety car with 5 to go,  deal with it.

Masi messed up and got fired, good.

wae
wae PowerDork
9/11/22 10:24 a.m.

Yeah, but can't we cheer for a first place finish for Bernd Mayländer?

NY Nick
9/11/22 10:27 a.m.

I don't even care who won or lost but to have the penultimate 10% of the race as a parade is just a waste. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/22 10:37 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

I'd like to see SC laps not count toward the total, and if that means bringing back refueling, well, I'm OK with that.

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
9/11/22 10:38 a.m.

As expected. RBR is just the best this year!!! I hope the Williams recent form can grow into more stable points finishes. DeVries!!!! Good work!

The McLaren team did not do too well. Alpine also kind of struggled. Hamilton went from 19th to 5th. 

I thought a red flag was going to happen as they couldn't get the car off but they rolled out a crane to take it away. I think a VSC was the right call if the car would have easily rolled away. But it was stuck on track and the SC was already out so oh well. It is a part of racing. They could red flag anything within the last 10 laps and maybe that is a good rule change. 

1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
swHfuBK6AiDdtQoJWsWCjcXmju5bdBFWRIdrDgCgWqG8bnObbmgVxY4cVUKKhXVX