1 ... 73 74 75
New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/18/20 5:56 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Preach it. That's why I can't wait to see what Vettel  does next year. If he doesn't outperform Stroll as much as Perez has it's going to tell a story!

johndej
johndej Dork
12/19/20 9:46 a.m.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
12/21/20 9:51 a.m.

So, the tinfoil hat wearing F1 fans are reading into a number of internet happenings and causing the F1 silly season to extend out a bit more.

Supposedly, Mazepin has deleted all of his social media posts referring to Haas.  And, rumor is with all the backlash around Mazepin, Haas said alternatives are being "seriously considered".

Finally, Pietro Fittipaldi has changed his Twitter bio to Haas F1 Driver.

Total and absolute silliness, BUT, how cool would it be if 2021 saw two racing legends names back on the lap board and for the same team?  I gotta think that a Schumacher/Fittipaldi pairing could be a benefit, but probably not to the financial level that Mazepin brings to the table.....

-Rob

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/20 10:09 a.m.

Well, Pietro Fittipaldi IS an incumbent Haas F1 driver until the next race, so he's not wrong about that :)

Haas could do a lot worse than having a couple of drivers who have had to prove themselves worthy of their name, both in terms of public deportment and ability. The team has been lucky (smart?) enough to have a couple of real pros driving for them from the start, I'd hate to see them get dragged into Russian billionaire rich kid drama.

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/21/20 10:43 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Well, Pietro Fittipaldi IS an incumbent Haas F1 driver until the next race, so he's not wrong about that :)

Haas could do a lot worse than having a couple of drivers who have had to prove themselves worthy of their name, both in terms of public deportment and ability. The team has been lucky (smart?) enough to have a couple of real pros driving for them from the start, I'd hate to see them get dragged into Russian billionaire rich kid drama.

Yea, it's not as if Haas needs more funding drama....  

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/20 11:08 a.m.

I really hope that Mazepin is out. Did you know his dad is still suing Force India/Tracing Point over not selling to him? I can imagine that the fallout from that combined with the kid's on and off track antics have HAAS feeling cold feet, especially after the Rich Energy debacle.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
12/21/20 11:41 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

I really hope that Mazepin is out. Did you know his dad is still suing Force India/Tracing Point over not selling to him? I can imagine that the fallout from that combined with the kid's on and off track antics have HAAS feeling cold feet, especially after the Rich Energy debacle.

Pops Marzipan is suing, but not the former Force India. He is now appealing a denied suit against the Administrators of the BK. 

Hass needs Nikita like they need a spilled bowl of borscht. 

1 ... 73 74 75

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AB93Gs7daTqSb6RXpC62BUxLLigtgYxDeo3oz3igaB7sTUXJN5XSAsbHnWaD0L8v