jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
1/23/22 9:25 a.m.

I haven't been to an autocross since August of last year, the longest break of my 39 year history in the sport. My tires, which were already heat-cycled past their prime, have been baking in my garage all that time and I'm sure have hardened up even more. (My last autocross at Daytona was a bit, um, slick.)  In order to combat this, I went ahead and purchased a set of A052's from my friend David, whose own FoRS has more than double the mileage I have (62K) and is being retired from competition.  These are mounted to some sweet, ultra-light OZ rims that are really beautiful as well:

I'm very much looking forward to my return to competition on Feb. 13th and will report back how it went.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/22 9:53 a.m.

That's a pretty long break for regulars, but some people stop for years. You'll be fine, and the Yokohamas will be good as long as it's above freezing.

I wish I could be there. I always make myself unavailable for work on the second Sunday of the month so I can get to the MSSC events, but I still got scheduled to work.

Getting seat time can be hard. I'll get two events in February, and I have to drive to St Marys, Georgia for those. Next Sunday I'll be at South Georgia Motorsports Park. 

Have fun!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/23/22 11:15 p.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

Are you running with Martin in February? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jo7qJfGjTObmT7loEgmWXLrFhDldCzxWEbadjNUfl4RQQM5f8eYsknUMNeuBo9EG