wae
wae PowerDork
5/18/22 11:47 a.m.

I might have just impulse-bought a doughnut making robot for our Parish festival like I was talking about last year.  I got a good deal for the church, but of course, now I need to pick it up sometime in the next three days.  Plan A is to just jump in the 5 and go get it, no problem, but is there any chance that anyone is heading northward at all?  The festival isn't until early September - the only real time-sensitive part to this is the pickup from the auction site.

Failing that...  anyone need anything brought down from the Cincinnati area to the Atlanta area?

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/19/22 1:35 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I live close to Covington. 

I'm not heading north, but I might be able to pick up and store it for a short while. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
5/19/22 2:35 p.m.

I have nothing to add except this reminded me to look at donut machines and that led to this and now I will watch the video of the donut-o-matic in action whenever I need to chill out. It's like a delicious-looking relaxation app.

Margie

wae
wae PowerDork
5/19/22 3:14 p.m.

mmmm.  doughnuts!  Yeah, it's pretty much a smaller version of exactly that!  I'm super-psyched about getting this up and running - it will mean that I might be able to actually get out and enjoy our festival for a minute instead of spending 36 hours basically chained to the manual machines that we have now!

I think I've got the shipping squared away, maybe.  If anybody is coming this way anyway and wants to make a couple bucks, the door's still open, but dculberson pointed me to R&L Carriers via goship and that looks like it's in the $260 range which makes it not worth my time to drive 16 hours roundtrip!  The folks from there called me just a few minutes ago and basically told me not to do anything about scheduling a shipper and apparently the big rush to get my stuff picked up doesn't actually apply.

SVReX, thanks for the offer!  I think things are all good as of this moment, but if for whatever reason something has to happen, I'll reach out and beg! 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/20/22 5:03 p.m.

In reply to wae :

No problem!

If you decide you need a hand,  I will gladly accept compensation in doughnuts!

wae
wae PowerDork
5/28/22 2:29 p.m.

The donut robot made the trip!  I was amazed at how easy it was to arrange, so I thought I'd pass along the wisdom that was passed to me.  Thanks to dculbertson for pointing me this way!

I created an account on goship.com and after a couple hours, I got either an email or a text from them with a "use this as often as you want" code that takes 15% off.  I put in the dimensions and addresses and checked the box to add $1400 worth of insurance.  The auction company was very insistent that it would be all sorts of trouble for me if they didn't palletize it so I paid their $107 ransom.  goship had a number of different options and I chose R+L Carriers.  Both addresses were commercial, but I did not select liftgate service. 

After insurance and applying the discount code, it cost me $237 for the freight.  It was picked up on Tuesday and delivered on Thursday, which I thought was pretty fast.  Delivery was made with a liftgate truck even though I didn't ask for that service.  My plan was to just take it off the pallet in the truck and lift it down myself since it is multiple pieces, none of which are heavy, but the driver asked no questions and actually had it on the ground before I got over there. 

Knowing how easy and relatively inexpensive it is to send things via LTL freight is good to know, but also a little dangerous...

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/28/22 5:31 p.m.

Yes go ship is like eerily simple to use and the first time I used it I was convinced the whole time it was just going to be a ripoff scam or something. But it's not! It's a great site and the freight pricing and service is amazing. R&L bears the brunt of the praise on the service end I've always had good experiences with them. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/28/22 9:04 p.m.

I'm super glad it worked out so well!

...but I'm sad I didn't get donuts. Lol!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0uLMwqbr9eNJrcIjPs0JxgJOEfXT4hP7dE6rwBc4TABasTQD3sPZ6K3E6Q9muQpi