1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/23 10:56 p.m.

For those that have not been following along in the Sim forum here in GRM, we recently finished up our 8th season running GT3 cars.  It was an exceptionally close series with great competition throughout the whole field. The photo below is the field going into turn one at Silverstone. 

We have had a good number of new people join in and it has made for bigger fields making for some great racing!!     We are however looking for more people to join us.

If you are interested take a look at the FIRST page of this thread.  Located Here

Also, This thread has additional information Located Here 

We race every Wednesday  

The typical race schedule is: 

Generally, the servers are on all week for practice.

People tend to start getting on the server between 8:30 and 9:00 PM

A 15 min qualifying starts at 9:00 PM Eastern. Followed by two 15-minute races with the second one being a reverse grid of the first.  If everything goes to plan we are finished by 10:00 - 10:30 Easter Time.

We would love to see new people join the fun!!! 

I will update this thread with details on how to join us.  But the first step is to join Discord.  Again this is all covered in the links above.  

If you want you can PM me directly here in the forum and I will get you started.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/17/23 10:46 p.m.

I am a little slow with the update since we have already started.  Race two is this week.  Highlight video to come, but here is the poster for the season.

dean1484
4/18/23 10:08 a.m.

Oh and T Shirts are the prize for the series winner.   I have not spoken with Tom about T Shirts for this season but there will be one for the season winner from either GRM or from myself that are custom designed by Aircooled for the series.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/19/23 12:39 a.m.

Highlights from the first race at Red Bull Ring.  Races are already pretty close.  We will see what the HC does tomorrow at Imola!

In case you are wondering.  Yes, the liveries are a wee bit wacky.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/24/23 12:23 a.m.

HC did not do much.... maybe next week at Mosport.  We were missing two of the faster drivers this week also, so that might have made a bit of a difference.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
4/24/23 8:55 a.m.

Like the new logo! yes

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/30/23 12:20 a.m.

Latest race.  Some pretty close racing in this one.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/7/23 2:12 p.m.

Atlanta Motorsports Park.   For some reason the first race had all the Spec Pinata action:

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/7/23 4:44 p.m.

Thanks aircooled . The videos are appreciated.  Also great idea to use the computer friendly assetto corsa. Joined the series to try sim series racing.  (sort of a newbie)  Enjoyed the racing. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/17/23 12:16 a.m.

Last week was Cadwell Park.  Turned out to be a great track for the cars.  We may not have stayed on the actual track ALL the time!  Colin looks like he will be hard to beat for the championship, but he does have a LOT of handicap now!

dean1484
5/17/23 5:08 p.m.

Stuck the landing and even made the next corner on that jump. laugh

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/21/23 12:54 a.m.

Highlights from this week at Tsukuba.

dean1484
5/21/23 8:36 a.m.

These cars worked really well at this track. There was lots of close racing. I had a great couple laps racing Colin that were fun. 

dean1484
5/21/23 3:33 p.m.

For those that are interested in what the T shirt is like that we give away. This is from the 944 turbo cup series.  Congrats to Colin for the win!!!  

Front

Back

dean1484
5/24/23 2:38 p.m.

I was thinking of trying a live stream of tonight's race using OBS.  Yes there may be some language (we are adults having fun) yes we babble about stuff during the race but the racing is good.  It would be my in-car view only.

If anyone is interested post up here and I will see about setting it up and then post a link there to the YouTube link.  

The stream would go live at or before 9:00 Eastern.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
5/25/23 7:24 p.m.

Cross-post from the other thread:

Just in case anyone was interested in joining the league, but didn't have the equipment (like me!), a decent wheel is for sale on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z0UWWYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Normally $300-400, now $230.  I ordered that and the separate 6-speed shifter.  Hope to join you all in a week or two!

dean1484
5/26/23 10:41 a.m.
Flynlow (FS) said:

Cross-post from the other thread:

Just in case anyone was interested in joining the league, but didn't have the equipment (like me!), a decent wheel is for sale on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z0UWWYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Normally $300-400, now $230.  I ordered that and the separate 6-speed shifter.  Hope to join you all in a week or two!

Looking forward to seeing you. I use the G29. It works really well.  I paddle shift. It is slower off the line but with auto blip on it makes every where else easy. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/26/23 11:57 a.m.

Real racin' drivers use a stick shift Dean.    cheeky   I have a spare stock Logitech one if you want it, or anyone else wants it.

The other consideration is where to mount the wheel and shifter.  A heavy desk will work.  Using something like a TV is not going to work very well, with the force feedback, they will move around a lot.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/31/23 12:43 a.m.

Here are some highlights from last week.  A bit smaller crowd this time.  At least one was at The Challenge.  This is at a fictional track well known to Gran Tourismo players.

dean1484
5/31/23 1:03 p.m.

And the Real Deal T-shirt is on its way to the winner of the 944 Cup series.

I snapped a couple of photos before packaging it up and sending it off to Colin!!! 

I am thinking I want one of these!!!  I will be taking the series champ text off the back. 

The next T-shirt will be running through Tom at GRM.  It is for the GT3 series. The design is in the works for that that I just got a look at and it is also a really good one. 

Credit goes Aircooled and Prodarwin as they did the design work for both the logo and the image on the shirts.  I just do the final mockup of the shirts and order them.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS Reader
5/31/23 2:53 p.m.

this looks like a blast;  i would be interested in joining a future series... I am new'ish to AC and have mostly been doing practice sessions on the tracks that are my home tracks but with a week or practice would be up for trying something...  

dean1484
5/31/23 3:41 p.m.

You are always welcome!!!  The biggest thing is to have fun.  It is also a good place to practice/learn racecraft.  Staying online, being aware of what is around you.  We have a great group that has been slowly growing and we are always welcoming new people.  The first thing is to reach out to Prodarwin and get you set up on Discord.  Everything else will then just fall into place after that and more importantly once you are on Discord we can help you through voice chat.  

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/31/23 7:32 p.m.

In reply to ClearWaterMS :

It is a blast, racing with fellow enthusiast who are likely Motorsports fans or participants.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/5/23 12:33 a.m.

Latest from the Midfield Raceway round (another GT fictional track) which made for some pretty eventful racing.  I think this is the longest highlights yet:

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
6/5/23 8:03 a.m.

I really need to get back sadly summer is busy and I likely won't be able to for another month.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IqQ5S94Pbr7goHq9CD5f65GYoebJUtmk3w8sk1bo4NkQWDov7Or3FmrfaNN2LbK0