I6MT6
I6MT6 New Reader
1/5/21 10:04 p.m.

Hi wrenchers,

The guys I lease a garage with north of the city are moving out, so I need to find a new spot to park/work on my E30. I figured I'd check in here besides craigslist for a garage/storage space.Seems like most garages don't allow work, which is unacceptable to me. I wouldn't need unexpected access to it and it does run and drive (it gets shuffled around all the time at the garage I'm leaving).

I would pay rent, of course. Looking for something within a couple of hours of Brooklyn. Anybody have a space? (I realize that's a bit of a rarity around these parts after scanning replies to the for sale section lol)

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/6/21 9:22 a.m.

How far is zip code 18644 from you?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/6/21 9:31 a.m.
I6MT6
I6MT6 New Reader
1/6/21 9:25 p.m.

@lotusseven7 it's a bit over 2.5 hrs, a little further than I"m looking for, but I appreciate it. 

@Mr_Asa thanks for the tip. I looked around there and the only people around haven't been on the forum in >5 years. I suppose I could message them and see if they're still around, wouldn't hurt.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/7/21 5:14 p.m.

I'm in range, but unfortunately all our bays are full!

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/7/21 8:22 p.m.

I know nothing beyond a jalopnik article. Supposedly like AirBnB for garages 

https://listings.bookgaragetime.com/?view=grid

I6MT6
I6MT6 New Reader
1/9/21 11:13 a.m.

Bumping this one more time. I'll browse around that site. Good to know there are some resources out there.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/9/21 11:22 a.m.
I6MT6
I6MT6 New Reader
1/11/21 11:53 p.m.

Holy crap that's incredible. I've read that forum many times but this made me sign up so I could see the pics!

It looks like he's filled a lot of the space (as happens to space in general), but yeah what a set up. You never know what lurks behind facades in Brooklyn.

He's got another thread building something in Lime Rock which is also cool.  Maybe I'll try to message him and see what's up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D3RzMnPtn3Z1ciYBgOMsYQX2rwdh0arvDc6XSOFhTmtXOpWywVUK0r0BBONmBJ5q