OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
12/5/16 6:27 p.m.

...is awesome for people like me who are out of control.

That's it. Just appreciative of the fact there are people there like Dustin to keep fools like me rolling down the roadways.

jjreyn
jjreyn New Reader
12/5/16 6:33 p.m.

...to Major Tom..

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/6/16 7:41 a.m.

Ground Control is awesome. My BRZ is now my 3rd different vehicle with one of their coilover setups.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
12/6/16 7:43 a.m.
jjreyn wrote: ...to Major Tom..

I basically came here for this. Thank you.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
12/6/16 8:17 a.m.
Matt B wrote:

I came here expecting this to be the first post, but I can live with it being the second post. Well played.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
12/6/16 10:06 a.m.
T.J. wrote:
Matt B wrote:
I came here expecting this to be the first post, but I can live with it being the second post. Well played.

This being GRM, I'm a little disappointed that no one followed up with "Take your protein pills and put your helmet on". We all know a day at the track or auto-x course requires good nutrition and safety.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
12/6/16 10:08 a.m.

Great guys with great products and great customer service.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
12/6/16 3:40 p.m.

Ten...

Nine...

Eight...

Seven...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/6/16 3:50 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Ground Control is awesome. My BRZ is now my 3rd different vehicle with one of their coilover setups.

Sadly, I've never had a vehicle that had anything available from them. But I hear good things.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/6/16 4:08 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
z31maniac wrote: Ground Control is awesome. My BRZ is now my 3rd different vehicle with one of their coilover setups.
Sadly, I've never had a vehicle that had anything available from them. But I hear good things.

2 E30s, a 325 swap car with an S52 and 550/750 rates custom valved Konies. Handled phenomally and surprisingly not too harsh.

318is with more street friendly rates, still really nice.

BRZ with approx 3x stock rates..........it's harsh mainly because the ride height I run the car at the rears need 1" shorter springs so it isn't always on the bump stops. But I'm not going to mess with it since I'm going ot take the car back to stock next year and try to get rid of it.

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
12/6/16 4:34 p.m.

Commencing countdown, engines on--five, four, three. Check ignition, and may God's love be with youuuuuuuuuuu--two, one, liftoff!

Raze
Raze UltraDork
12/6/16 8:44 p.m.

You guys are saying it wrong...it's Ground Control to Major Turn

bigev007
bigev007 Reader
12/7/16 11:26 a.m.

I enjoy the GC's on my E36. They ride at least as well as the OE setup I had before. I might want a slightly softer spring for DD use, but they are excellent for auto-X.

Contradiction
Contradiction Reader
12/7/16 10:03 p.m.

I did GC coilover sleeves with 350# front and 450# rear and Koni sports on my 84 GTI and it was surprisingly better then I expected for comfort. It's definitely far from "Cadillac Soft", but it's far from feeling like I need to make sure non of the fillings in my teeth fell out after I drive over the train tracks either. Definitely happy with it.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/8/16 12:06 a.m.

When I started building my Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 project car a few years ago, there were no off-the-shelf race suspension options for the chassis. These days, H&R and a couple of other companies have some offerings...but there was nothing at all back then.

Jay from Ground Control was the only one who was willing to build something for me: a one-off using Koni Race DA inserts. It's now offered as a regular production item. He took care of everything with just a phone call. Seemed super excited about the project, too. Total car nut.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NWrZmVoJY50ItHhjAXgmJr9L0dg2F4wzz8R1Nfm53D4AlvMiDJIe5kFdTqxLQkeK