1 2
Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/8/19 9:37 a.m.

Canada Post has few LLV's still in service as they have moved over to Transit Connects. Canadian craigslists or kijiji may have LLVs from time to time. I didi uncover this zombie https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grumman-llv-for-sale-5000/117182/page1/

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
9/8/19 12:29 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

Seems like an ideal vehicle to run on batteries. Slow moving short routes. Parked every night. 

I think that's what they want to do for the next generation- until Amazon, the USPS had no money to update them with any speed.

b13990
b13990 Reader
9/8/19 4:08 p.m.

I've been seeing these with a different grill / front cap lately. It's simpler-looking. Is this an aftermarket replacement part or something? It kind of has a third-world-fiberglass-shop, get-back-on-the-road ASAP look to it.

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
9/8/19 7:44 p.m.

Grumman LLVs don't come up for sale because a certain political party has a long-running campaign against USPS that more or less files under the 'starve the beast' philosophy and so the postal service hasn't been able to commission a large-scale purchase of a vehicle tailored specifically to them for 30 years now, thus the keeping and repairing of nearly all the highly obsolete and inefficient LLVs. It's ironic that Amazon has been of any benefit to the post office at all, but Amazon's general effect on the power of workers in the metastasizing gig economy more or less serves the same interests as the starve the beast mentality does, so if the Post Office is able to afford a few caravans and transits piecemeal here and there, we'll just call that collateral damage. 

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
9/8/19 7:59 p.m.

When you say "postal truck" I think of this:

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
9/8/19 9:38 p.m.

Oh but that's far too mundane, hardly any aluminium to speak of! 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
9/9/19 6:00 a.m.

If any of you get one I hope you never need to get any parts from Grumman. They are one of the worst suppliers I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

BTW those AMGeneral Jeep things, should you ever be inclined to buy one be aware they share nothing more than the hood and maybe the fenders with a standard CJ. Nothing else fits.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
9/9/19 10:56 a.m.
ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
9/9/19 10:58 a.m.

And for the EV Postal Van drag race fans out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tFVgSwQ62g

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
9/9/19 11:16 a.m.

What is the model that used the VW rabbit motor ?

I think Grumman made the body

LarryAB1950
LarryAB1950
10/4/20 10:00 p.m.

Where can I buy it, I also want to get one

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
10/4/20 10:06 p.m.

there aren't many for sale because old ones get sent back to be refurbished instead of being surplused and replaced with new. they get the body repaired, drivetrain rebuilt/replaced and sent back out on the road.  

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
10/4/20 11:12 p.m.

I have seen them in the junkyard a couple times, but that's about it other than the LS swapped one.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
10/5/20 8:59 a.m.
californiamilleghia said:

What is the model that used the VW rabbit motor ?

I think Grumman made the body

Kubvan

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/5/20 9:19 a.m.

Mail order?

Thank you, thank you.  I'll be here all week.  Don't forget to tip your waitress.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/17/21 3:51 p.m.

This canoe is the most relevant to my interest of any canoe that's ever been found in these waters. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
00dvnQ3eEVd30VOYZc3NOAATvEIFtHINmXBCdZBZx63AnEpJ4kJtbbzFFil5Z6ci