1 ... 3 4 5
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/30/22 9:00 p.m.

In reply to grafmiata :

Cool and thanks for adding us to the mix. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
6/30/22 11:50 p.m.

In reply to modernbeat :

My aunt and uncle had the sign out by the road, the sliding front door, and the piano from Gilley's for a while.

eclecticalan
eclecticalan New Reader
10/21/22 2:53 p.m.

Left side of my '74 Beetle has some of my favorite record stores on it. I've cleaned it up recently to give myself more of a view, but I still have 1 more sticker to put back on.

UHF Records - Royal Oak, MI
Dead Wax - St. Louis, MO
Third Coast - Muskegon, MI
Amoeba Records - Berkley, CA
Flat black & Circular - East Lansing, MI
RPM Records - Traverse City, MI
Believe In Music - kaput
Detroit Record Club - Detroit, MI

Still need to put on my Wax Trax sticker (Chicago, Illinoize)

My favorite sticker on the car (maybe on all my cars) - the ancient AAA of Michigan club sticker on the back. It's so burned in to the paint that it's now in a symbiotic relationship with the car. It's never coming off.

David S. Wallens
10/21/22 3:13 p.m.

In reply to eclecticalan :

Nice. 

3doghouse
3doghouse GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/15/23 10:30 a.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

David S. Wallens
1/17/23 10:40 a.m.

As I straighten up my office, I keep finding more stickers. I'll photograph and share. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/15/23 5:50 p.m.
Slippery said:

As soon as I get home I will post my vintage 80's mini collection ... or what my mom did not throw away. 

Almost two years later, but found it smiley . Tons gone, but a few were saved. 

Also Chris' Kitchen is long gone since 1985 ...

David S. Wallens
4/17/23 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

The Mark Gonzales artwork is a true classic. Thanks for sharing. 

David S. Wallens
4/18/23 9:15 a.m.

Last night, I dreamed about old-school BMX stickers. These days, they’re basically currancy, right? 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/21/23 4:40 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to Slippery :

The Mark Gonzales artwork is a true classic. Thanks for sharing. 

I used to have those in different colors. They came with a Mark Gonzales skateboard I bought in 1988 ... unfortunately my mom thought it was taking too much space in her garage and threw it away instead of giving it to me sad

She also threw away my Santa Cruz Jeff Grosso toybox one angry

therealpinto
therealpinto GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/9/24 1:57 p.m.

You might have seen this one, from my daughters project. Some saved up stickers from years ago but most from the SEMA show floor.

jerel77494
jerel77494 New Reader
1/9/24 2:04 p.m.

Saw a picture of the typical guy's garage. Had a sticker on his roll around tool chest that said, "On a quiet night you can hear the Fords rusting."

DavyZ
DavyZ New Reader
1/9/24 4:32 p.m.

Fantastic old thread and cool article.  Like several dudes here, I too have a "fear of committing" and actually sticking a sticker--what it was destined and intended to do. Hence, I have only one cabinet with stickers and a drawer full of them.  Funny, but I purchased a bunch of "JDM" stickers recently and others from ebay for the 240Z once I get it buttoned up.  Many will go on suspension pieces in the rear where no one will see them unless it's on a lift.  But hey, I know they are there.  

jeallen1055
jeallen1055 New Reader
1/9/24 4:47 p.m.

These are some I collected in Elementary High school in the late 60s early 70s. I actually did odd jobs for Speed World

FourOff
FourOff New Reader
1/9/24 7:37 p.m.

While I'm less of a "failure to commit" mentality, and just going for the "sticker-bomb" look, I do seem to have a "failure to finish" issue with some panels and can't seem to finish one area before starting on another.

adriangibson
adriangibson
1/10/24 8:31 p.m.

Here are some of my car-related stickers.  Yes I had an rotary, two FD RX-7s (and hence lots of tools!).  My current toy is a Miata, and of course I always have a pickup.    

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
1/12/24 8:48 p.m.

Got a couple new stickers from our favorite bbq restaurant on their 30th anniversary. Rolled prices back to 1993 for the day. If ever in Northwest Arkansas, I recommend visiting the Penguin. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/13/24 9:50 a.m.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/13/24 12:13 p.m.

I've had these a long time.  They hardly even stick to the backing paper they came on any more, but what do you expect for something the World's Fastest Clown printed at home anyways.

David S. Wallens
1/14/24 9:45 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Wow, way vinage. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/22/24 1:03 a.m.

A few pics of the Craftsman toolbox my dad bought me when I started driving.  It doubled as my slot car box for a little while too, until I bought a cheap tackle box for that.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/22/24 1:12 a.m.

I used this cheap tackle box to hold stuff for my 1/10th scale Kyosho gas touring car

David S. Wallens
1/22/24 8:55 a.m.

Wow, HiFi Racing. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/23/24 6:06 a.m.

These are the cheap tackle boxes I used for my 1/24th and 1/32nd scale slot car racing.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
3/29/24 5:08 p.m.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tm8Kah7m7UDcGe380duU3de6B5sFxfydhAxu3puV9msw40MNixQW2EDf75ssdVC5