1 2 3
gcmerak
gcmerak New Reader
12/9/12 1:22 p.m.

The later Merak had standard Ghirling outboard brakes.

Ciao, George

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
12/9/12 1:29 p.m.

Where's that burned up Lambo?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
12/9/12 2:10 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: With that said, I think a v8 with a multiplane crank would also sound wrong, IE no LSX.

The sound of a 1/4 plane vs a flat plane v8 is all in the exhaust, when you go mid engine, there is always room for crossover/ 180* headers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZTbR6C6Lw

Longroof
Longroof None
12/10/12 10:53 p.m.

Hello all and thank you to gcmerak for directing meto this forum. I have a 1974 Merak with a 350 Chev engine in it. It has the standard transaxle with an adaptor. My Merak does not have any of the Citroen hydraulics which make it much easier for a novice like me. The car was road registered with the Chevy engine in it back in the mid 80's and was driven around for quite a while before the previous owner decided to undertake a rebuild. Unfortunately for him certain events in his life took priority over the rebuild so the car sat for many years in the far corner of a shed. I eventually convinced the owner to sell to me and have been slowly chipping away at it over the last couple of years. It is now able to be driven but I need to have a new exhaust made up and rebuild the brakes before I can take it for a proper blast. I need to work out how to post photos but if any of you are interested I will try to post some soon.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/11/12 12:02 a.m.
Longroof wrote: Hello all and thank you to gcmerak for directing meto this forum. I have a 1974 Merak with a 350 Chev engine in it. It has the standard transaxle with an adaptor. My Merak does not have any of the Citroen hydraulics which make it much easier for a novice like me. The car was road registered with the Chevy engine in it back in the mid 80's and was driven around for quite a while before the previous owner decided to undertake a rebuild. Unfortunately for him certain events in his life took priority over the rebuild so the car sat for many years in the far corner of a shed. I eventually convinced the owner to sell to me and have been slowly chipping away at it over the last couple of years. It is now able to be driven but I need to have a new exhaust made up and rebuild the brakes before I can take it for a proper blast. I need to work out how to post photos but if any of you are interested I will try to post some soon.

Longroof, you need to meet Luke. I think that he is in Perth as well.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/Luke/

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F2uRK8nZLJCKTsajgPDlThsFBmIaG94bsOKtSdb0bwUpCBnaoaJFbfLLM0M9ktgk