1 ... 11 12 13
classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
10/18/22 2:51 p.m.

Thrilled to see you posting Warren. I know recovery won't be a quick path but I'm glad you're on it.

I would love to be a part of this build, wherever it takes place. Patrick is absolutely right, this car needs to be able to run at the challenge!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/22 5:59 p.m.

I'm in to help, as i live about 30 minutes from DeadSkunk.  i'm even willing to accept the risk that helping might delay the finish of my 2019 challenge car.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
5/16/23 10:25 a.m.

Just to update everyone, I made the call to Patrick last night and sometime over the summer he'll come and pick up the car to complete it. While my health continues to improve, it still has a considerable way to go before I can resume working on cars. The physical damage to my body has been healing slowly and it will be a few more months before we know if the leukemia is in remission. I can't tell you how grateful I am for Patrick's commitment to finishing the Corolla on my behalf and to my vision for the car. It will be a very emotional reaction the first time I see it run. Hopefully, a Dead Skunk Motorsports/ Team Alavanche joint venture can make a presentable showing at the Challenge in a year or two. Stay tuned.........

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/23 8:47 p.m.

With the event moving to spring, I think the goal is 2025 with hopefully tuning time next fall. It's definitely going to be all hands on deck because I can't put my stuff on hold indefinitely. Once I know everything we need I'll put the word out and see what materializes. 

Rumor has it another Toyota is following me home later this summer that is an honest offered publicly $0 challenge start.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/16/23 9:41 p.m.

For Warren and to listen to metal with AC I'd spend a weekend in MI, hotel points, rental car or Detriot from NH in one of mine(actually be a breeze and my parents would get a visit), thrashing on a vehicle. In.

Well except for my 2 month summer Guam trip.

Patrick
5/17/23 10:17 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Well, it'll be just south of Cleveland when I pick it up. Maybe with MonZora functional we can get AC down here for a weekend. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/17/23 10:25 a.m.

Happy to help however I can, whenever I can Patrick. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/23 11:25 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Well, it'll be just south of Cleveland when I pick it up. Maybe with MonZora functional we can get AC down here for a weekend. 

did you say 2026?  ;-)

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
6/29/23 12:36 p.m.

So, Patrick stopped by last Sunday to see what he had volunteered for...........he didn't chicken out. Some hours after he left , I had a terrible thought...."What if I can't get in and out of the car with my current limitations?"......so today I tried....

It will be a bit easier after more exercising and stretching, and having the seat bolted to the floor will help getting out, too. It feels good to still be able to look forward to driving this thing one day. Thank you, Patrick !

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
6/29/23 4:28 p.m.

Since Patrick is now the COO of this enterprise, I'm taking on the role of CFO. I spent some time going over all the receipts , trades and recoup numbers this afternoon. I still have to calculate the exact amount of steel purchased for the chassis (most of it is scavenged junk), but my best estimate right now is that we're under $1100. Most of what's left to buy is brake parts (budget exempt) and possibly push rods to use one of the cams we have. There will be gas line and fittings to add on, too. Still should be able to finish the car in the $1500 range, or get stupid and add a power adder.laugh

Patrick
11/18/23 9:32 p.m.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry UltraDork
11/18/23 9:44 p.m.

Those wheels are gorgeous

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
11/18/23 9:48 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

15x10 Bassett rims.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/18/23 10:27 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

You built a sexy car Sir.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/19/23 12:52 a.m.

Very exciting!

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/19/23 7:24 a.m.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
11/19/23 8:04 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

A better view of the wheels....

Patrick
11/19/23 9:07 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

Those wheels are gorgeous

Yeah, with all the effort that went into the trailer I had to go chrome to set it off

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
11/19/23 10:24 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

You built a sexy car Sir.

Just wait until Patrick is done with it !

Patrick
11/19/23 12:23 p.m.

Nestled with its equally outrageous for completely different reasons roommate for a bit while I organize, clean, and dispose of a couple part outs

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
11/19/23 1:20 p.m.

Absolutely love this thing

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/23 11:56 a.m.

This is spectator 

1 ... 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Woov6DsY0G2Uwrdv20S7rLjfteILBVrEcIpYA1tiopQyHtk9obYkGw4KynCVBvCj