John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/15/17 1:21 p.m.

How long do the "books" say that it should take to put an Alternator in a '05 Nissan Quest Minivan?

I don't want to tackle it myself but want to assure of a good labor rate/price.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/15/17 1:40 p.m.

1.6 warranty time, 1.9 customer pay according to Alldata.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/15/17 1:51 p.m.

Excellent. Thanks

I think I have asked this before but is there a way I can look up this answer myself?  Is this a paid service to get the answer?  

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/17 6:36 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Excellent. Thanks

I think I have asked this before but is there a way I can look up this answer myself?  Is this a paid service to get the answer?  

Few hundred bucks a month, yeah...

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
11/15/17 6:42 p.m.

I have Chilton's and a Motor books for import and domestic. They are nice to have around when you're doing side work. It shows the potential customer that you know what you're doing.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/15/17 9:20 p.m.
Knurled. said:
John Welsh said:

Excellent. Thanks

Few hundred bucks a month, yeah...

Between info systems and updating scanners it's around a kilobuck a month for my shop.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/15/17 9:44 p.m.

Actually, you can buy an AllData subscription to ONE car for about $15/year! Look for online coupon codes.  Alldatadiy.com

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/17 4:48 a.m.

In reply to Vigo :

That's interesting!  But does that "DIY" service also give you all of the labor time listings?

(We have Alldata, and Prodemand, and Identifix, and there's an estimation guide built in to our POS/billing/duzital software package... and they're all a little different somehow, and each service has a monthly fee...  Sheesh)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dIoedIcbMsSNO26amurUdUU1T8Nm2FwfhHzhJ6bof2xH6eSdDdgEPoZMMMH231eR