Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
12/4/20 8:14 a.m.

Mazda introduced its latest generation of Miata to a fanfare of enthusiast accolades. Returning to its roots with a lightweight, nimble car packing “just enough” power gave Mazda a winner. 

Its impact on the motorsports world was immediate at all levels, from the single-make professional Global MX-5 Cup series all the way to SCCA cone-dodging. This ND-generation Miata was also …

This content is available for GRM+ members and Grassroots Motorsports magazine subscribers only.

You can read it for free in 51 days or subscribe to GRM+ to read right now.

Subscribe now

Already a member?

Login to read

Read the rest of the story

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
12/4/20 12:16 p.m.

Holy cow, how much would you expect to spend to find 8 seconds a lap?  Once again Andy pulls through with the data.  Thanks!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/4/20 3:09 p.m.

Alternate title: "Making an ND into a lady in the 'burbs and a freak on the curbs" laugh

Kussoff
Kussoff
3/31/21 1:49 p.m.

What are the max camber alignments you are using?  Are the karcept bars worth extra cash over others?

Scott Skillman
Scott Skillman GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/17/21 5:16 p.m.
nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
4/19/21 8:27 a.m.

Since the thread popped up again I, I wanted to say how much I enjoy this article format. Popular motorsport chassis + credible info about the lap time gains from incremental mods is the kind of reference material I'd love to have at my fingertips for the FRS/BRZ/86, Boxster, Mustang, etc.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/8/22 1:46 p.m.

We found a similar time improvement on our first ND back in 2015. A paddock alignment from factory to "as much front negative camber as possible, then match the rear to the front" picked up whole seconds on our test track. 

https://help.flyinmiata.com/en_us/align-your-suspension-chakras-By4oIc2zj

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t59nPWVxyUJHBEHhaCCuASh2GUGEtEPeqBGrOX1VVOXvjZyVnBAyBsGnu0SH1TWI