1 2
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/22 7:20 a.m.

I could maybe see Isuzu contracting Honda to manufacture them, but I don't see any Honda DNA in it.

To my understanding, the above is exactly the case. Honda manufacturing practices are a plus in my book.

All that said, I have a fascination with these rapidly disappearing engines-no actual experience, though. Free is definitely the right price.

8/13/22 7:26 a.m.

Here's a link to the article that got me interested in these engines. It is a bit of a long read, but tons of great info.

Link to Isuzu V6 thread

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/22 11:04 a.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

Here's a link to the article that got me interested in these engines. It is a bit of a long read, but tons of great info.

Link to Isuzu V6 thread

Thank you! 

I suppose my thread title should say "THIS V6" not, "A V6", because I'm only interested in this particular option at this time. 

I like weird, and I like free. And now I want to find a home for this cool little V6. That MG would be fun. A sandrail could be exciting! And being RWD with a bunch if bellhousing options, my Z becomes a possibility. 

8/13/22 1:12 p.m.

In reply to birdmayne :

That would definitely be cool in a Z. It is pretty light for what it is, and what weight you'd have would be moved back nicely. I've been casually looking for one of thoseV6s fora while, even if just to sit on it until the right project comes along. The guy in the article was going to turbocharge his, which sounds cool. Good luck.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/22 1:38 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) :

Our endurance team is building a J32 (Honda V6) powered Z, so this would be a cool comparison. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qJWtzlERByE0cDE67QiTNGwSafnJexHZdKIsXsKCgCCWmdFPr15wTN0qkbDReBxH