MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
6/6/17 10:41 p.m.

-I had an N600 engine behind the shed (not normal)

-Of the house I rented out for the last 6 years without removing odd car parts (not normal)

-I need to get it out of that yard because I'm selling the house Monday (normal for stuff-Odd for 50 year old Honda engines)

-My hoist is busy holding up my buddies SVX engine for the last few years (Pretty abnormal)

-So I used my mid-engined AWD Supercharged 21 year old Minivan and a tow strap to drag the engine out and hoist it up a tree so I could slide my 30+ year old aluminum trailer underneath it. (I decided the wheelbarrow wasn't going to work). Then I dragged the trailer out of the back yard like some sort of odd farm animal with a tow strap wrapped around the trailer tongue and around my waist-in the pouring rain, that started a few seconds after this picture was taken, while my kids watched. (weirdly-seems kinda normal).

Thank you GRM for giving me a place to enjoy not being normal.

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
6/7/17 12:14 a.m.

You should have built a quick-disconnect engine hoist that connects to the hitch receiver of the Previa. Built in engine crane, anywhere you go!

Did your tenants just kind of step over and around the engine blocks left in the kitchen, too?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/17 6:09 a.m.

How's the Porsche?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/17 6:22 a.m.

When do you get to the not normal part of the story?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/17 7:09 a.m.
Wall-e wrote: When do you get to the not normal part of the story?

This.

TED_fiestaHP
TED_fiestaHP Reader
6/7/17 7:10 a.m.

I heard a rumor, normal people only own one car....

Some people make car payments instead of buying car parts and tools, strange.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/7/17 7:16 a.m.

I like this story. Tells us another one.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
6/7/17 8:39 p.m.
Woody wrote: How's the Porsche?

Cozy in the garage. I hope to take it for a spin in the next few weeks or so.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/17 9:25 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua:

Good to hear!

Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
6/8/17 8:15 a.m.

Even if the majority of people don't see things our way it doesn't mean they're right. Keep on doing your thing, at least you know your fellow GRMers will appreciate it!

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
6/8/17 8:59 a.m.

Does the N600 have a home(engine bay) at your current compound?

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
6/8/17 9:12 a.m.

I am the only normal one around here.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Dork
6/8/17 10:39 a.m.

I've seen worse, even participated in some of them. But I recognize fellow "traveller" and wanna say, Good for you ! ! ! Don't stop now.

If you run into trouble moving that engine, do like I do; pull the carb, alt, and other ancillaries off of it, grab a strong long pipe as a lever, and start rolling it across the lawn.

Come to the last few rolls, lay down a blue plastic tarp, roll it onto it, tuck it in, and keeping rolling and tucking like you're making a cast iron burrito.

Wish that I lived closer, I could have shot on over and helped. Hard to pass up and afternoon of intense strain, a potential YouTube video, and a chance to hit the Emergency Room all before supper.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AvwAyhvUh1Wy0dWcuLpRUD5eK0zoYCyl9cfhVcmWzNnt7gGu5WOIr2T79yqZKDBC