1 2 3 ... 6
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/4/16 10:57 p.m.

I was shopping v1 ctsv and e39 m5's, got spoiled by driving a v2 ctsv and decided to stack my pennies for one of those. I just happened to come across this car on CL which was 5 miles away from work. Called him and bought it lol. The seller had a few jags and his gf even had one. The car was pretty well taken cared of, only a few very diy friendly issues.

This subtle beast is so berkeleying comfortable that I've been forgetting that it can really fly. This is the 2nd most comfortable car over driven as far as seats go (first was my grandmother's 89 crown vic ltd with cloth seats). The steering wheel is very comfortable. The interior has held up well, better than my 2013 fusion ha. As far as exterior goes, I feel like it speaks for itself.

This is my first supercharged car. I was expecting the power delivery to knock you back instantly but instead you have to get pretty far into the throttle before it knocks you back. The eaton makes a lovely noise while the exhaust is very tamed. I think I'm going to install electric cutouts.

I haven't driven it much but my son loves it so much. He said "its a jaguar and a cheetah!".

I'll definitely add to this thread as I drive it more. So far, best few grand I've ever spent.

More pics tomorrow

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy HalfDork
10/4/16 11:59 p.m.

Congrats! I keep looking at those and the XKR on Craigslist. They are a lot of car for the money, and most look well cared for.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/16 1:06 a.m.

Does it have that nice tan interior? It's hard to think of a classier ride than that generation of Jag.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
10/5/16 1:19 a.m.

Are these the money put jags? Also: "jaaaaaaaaaaaaags"

yupididit
10/5/16 2:13 a.m.

Black interior.

It's a boosted v8 in California, of course its a money pit.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
10/5/16 4:46 a.m.

Mind sharing how much it set you back???

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
10/5/16 7:44 a.m.

Jag-you-are, as Clarkson puts it

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Dork
10/5/16 7:50 a.m.

thats a damn classy car. something id be proud of getting out of

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
10/5/16 8:34 a.m.

These are also a hoot on the track. I've driven them at summit point. Big but handle well!

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
10/5/16 9:14 a.m.

You are not helping with my lust for one of these.

rslifkin
rslifkin Dork
10/5/16 9:25 a.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: You are not helping with my lust for one of these.

Yeah, really... I've already been keeping my eyes out for one of these for the last few months...

yupididit
10/5/16 10:00 a.m.
jfryjfry wrote: Mind sharing how much it set you back???

It would be eligible for 2016 challenge

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
10/5/16 10:11 a.m.

I hate you

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
10/5/16 11:49 a.m.
yupididit wrote:

No way...

yupididit
10/5/16 1:54 p.m.
Petrolburner wrote:
yupididit wrote:
No way...

Previous owner ran out of garage space and he had to let go one of his many Jags. I got extremely lucky.

mfennell
mfennell Reader
10/5/16 2:01 p.m.

Sounds like you did well. I sold my black/tan '00 XJR w/150k miles for $2200 last year but it had some needs. Radio didn't work, AC didn't hold a charge, the supercharger rattled terribly at idle. Oh yea, and it kept tripping a CEL for an EVAP leak and the drive cycle was IMPOSSIBLE to hit to see if you'd fixed the problem. It took 2000 miles of driving to figure out I didn't fix it and I threw up my hands.

I had 3 or 4 people lined up at $2200. The guy who bought it showed up in an absolute frog-choking rainstorm to make sure he got there first. Didn't even bother to test drive it.

Awesome cruiser but I got tired of pouring gas into it.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
10/5/16 2:04 p.m.
yupididit wrote:
Petrolburner wrote:
yupididit wrote:
No way...
Previous owner ran out of garage space and he had to let go one of his many Jags. I got extremely lucky.

Yes. Yes you did

yupididit
10/5/16 2:15 p.m.

This one has a few quirks that'll be fixed.

The coolant sensor float thingy gets stuck time to time and the car will tell you it has low coolant level when it doesn't. Then it goes back to normal after a few mins.

The J-gate shifter lights are out.

Some paint blemishes

The car is too quiet haha.

kb58
kb58 Dork
10/5/16 2:43 p.m.

For a second I read "XKR", one of the most beautiful cars on the road today. Yours... yes, it's very nice.

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
10/5/16 5:12 p.m.

Relatively scarce - only 15,000 made. Nice cars but thirsty.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/16 6:56 p.m.

Nice car!

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
10/6/16 4:30 p.m.
The car is too quiet haha.

I just helped a friend repair an 01 with failed chain tensioners in my garage and that was also our main impression after fixing it.

I also wonder how much of the 'laggy' feeling is due to the behavior of the bypass valve. I was tempted to wire it shut for a lap around the block and find out, but it wasn't my car and we needed to make space to finish my challenge van. Maybe something for you to try.

Congrats on the purchase!!

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/6/16 4:47 p.m.

Congrats on the new Cat.

Great cruiser. I really liked mine.

Do the chain guides, post haste (see Vigo's post above) but in fairness, they did fail at 70mph with no damage other than guides and tensioners (Vigo, correct me if I'm wrong)

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
10/6/16 8:22 p.m.

Wow, nice score! I've long held the opinion that those are one of the best looking sedans ever sold. Owning one is on my bucket list for sure... I'd like a black one

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
10/6/16 8:28 p.m.

That's going to be a lot of fun.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pqO3fEfZfJFBDqnC6fPx8j3TJvxvquKlE8JpOoBlmJ9DPA7c6Gt07hY8X0dZpZWB