1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/1/19 6:59 a.m.

2019 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium.  After the USAA discount and friend's Ambassador coupon it was $22.7k

I test drove it Wednesday & wanted it then, but they had 4 cars ahead of me to be readied and it was 530pm.  So I came back last night and it was ready to go.  The saleslady was super easy to work with, and the manager knew a few of us rallycross guys (as we were discussing the STI RA in the showroom at $50k).  He mentioned he tried to buy Duane's Crosstrek when he blew the engine to do an STI swap.

Already ordered a new Ohio Garrison 501st vinyl for the back window, and have Monday off to mess around with it if I find other vinyl and/or LED bulbs for various places.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/1/19 7:21 a.m.

Congrats!  Enjoy.

I have a coworker who has put a boatload of miles on his, with no unreasonable issues.

Old_Town
Old_Town New Reader
3/1/19 8:14 a.m.

Just 501st stickers? Isn’t that car, in that color, begging for a whole trooper helmet theme? 

This is not the head gasket you are looking for...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/1/19 8:19 a.m.

It even looks like a stormtrooper... nice score!

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/1/19 8:21 a.m.

I'm reminded of my friend's white Scion xB, which he called The Stormtoaster. Reminded by the conversation, that is; the Crosstrek is decidedly less of a box. Congrats!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/1/19 8:48 a.m.

Nice! I'll be interested to see your long-term views on it. I'd really like to get the better half into one of these vs her Fit.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/19 9:20 a.m.
wae
wae SuperDork
3/1/19 9:26 a.m.

Nice looking ride, Jerry!

It'll look better with some dirt and mud.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/1/19 9:28 a.m.
wae said:

Nice looking ride, Jerry!

It'll look better with some dirt and mud.

Probably next year, after a few miles.  It had all of 9 when I test drove it Wednesday.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
3/1/19 10:15 a.m.
Old_Town said:

This is not the head gasket you are looking for...

Totally need to get a license plate cover that has that.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
3/1/19 12:29 p.m.

Nice score! Needs some mud and dirt on it. yes

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/7/19 6:25 p.m.

1 week in, about 400 miles, and loving it.  Mom liked it, so that's a plus.  The dog liked it, so it's official.  Already did one 501st troop using it and another this Saturday.  For an "underpowered" car I looked down coming home from the dealership and was doing 80mph and couldn't even tell.  I can pass semi's on the highway without breaking a sweat.  And I've even started not trying to put the clutch in to start it finally...

So far my only complaint has been the Starlink app.  Unless I set it up wrong it's kinda useless so far.  Will be exploring this weekend in better temperatures, while replacing some bulbs for LED and adding a few vinyls hopefully.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/28/19 12:40 p.m.

1 month in, and still loving it at ~1400 miles.  The dealership did a "re-delivery" last Saturday to see if I had any questions or issues.  I learned a bit more about the infotainment system, like how to create a profile for different drivers so I could change the background on the radio (the stars reminded me of dust).

Got a free $25 gas card for my troubles, and picked up a rear bumper lip protector to stop any scratches from loading the bin or the dog.  Still the only blemish is the Starlink app, and even the saleslady admitted it was crap.  Android Auto works like a charm by USB at least, and Google Directions are all I needed anyway.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/17/19 1:17 p.m.

Found this from your thread asking about them.  So glad you bought one.  The Crosstrek is top of our current DD list for my wife.  How do you like it now six weeks later?  I've heard a lot of criticism of the Subaru infotainment system, but as the 18s and upwards have Apple Carplay / Android Auto I assume it now works perfectly?  Also how is your fuel consumption now and what do you think of the CVT for in town driving?

thx.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/17/19 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

Just drove it to Chicago and back, at about 2400 miles now and loving it.  Forget the Subaru Skylink or whatever their app is, Android Auto is wonderful.  I don't know the exact mpg I'm getting but zero complaints, I could have probably gone round trip from Dayton to Chicago on a tank at about $35, or close to it.  Zero problems with "low power", I hit 80mph if I'm not careful regularly and passing on the highway is no problem.

It's the first auto I've had since 2008 and no complaints.  It shifts nicely, when it should, and as long as you don't nail it immediately after going from R to D, it's fine.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/17/19 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Cheers.  Sounds good, we will try and check them out next week, although this whole out of a job thing will slow down actual purchase if we like it.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/19 6:35 p.m.
Old_Town said:

Just 501st stickers? Isn’t that car, in that color, begging for a whole trooper helmet theme?

Oh good, it wasn't just me thinking that.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/18/19 7:40 a.m.
Jerry said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

Just drove it to Chicago and back, at about 2400 miles now and loving it.  Forget the Subaru Skylink or whatever their app is, Android Auto is wonderful.  I don't know the exact mpg I'm getting but zero complaints, I could have probably gone round trip from Dayton to Chicago on a tank at about $35, or close to it.  Zero problems with "low power", I hit 80mph if I'm not careful regularly and passing on the highway is no problem.

It's the first auto I've had since 2008 and no complaints.  It shifts nicely, when it should, and as long as you don't nail it immediately after going from R to D, it's fine.

Let add to this, because I'm curious. The girlfriend really likes these. 

But I fear her desire to throw our kayaks on top, load up the camping equipment, the dogs, etc. It's all of a sudden going to make a '90 Miata feel quick.

_
_ Reader
4/18/19 2:46 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

It won’t. And my 2017 has technically less power than the 2019, and mine does not feel like a dog when laden down. It is slower than the Miata though, if that’s what you were asking.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/18/19 3:01 p.m.
_ said:

In reply to z31maniac :

It won’t. And my 2017 has technically less power than the 2019, and mine does not feel like a dog when laden down. It is slower than the Miata though, if that’s what you were asking.

If loaded down it's slower than a 1.6 Miata, that's far too slow considering they have like a 10 sec 0-60, which leads me to believe the extra aero drag and stuff would really have it working hard on the interstate.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/19 3:49 p.m.

No offence z31.. but I wouldn't be doing too much over the speedlimit with the roof loaded. It's not worth the wear and tear on the vehicle and the stuff you have loaded up there.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/18/19 5:21 p.m.
mad_machine said:

No offence z31.. but I wouldn't be doing too much over the speedlimit with the roof loaded. It's not worth the wear and tear on the vehicle and the stuff you have loaded up there.

In Oklahoma, if you aren't 80+ on the turnpikes, you're getting run over.

Even by guys in big diesels pulling their 5th wheel travel trailers.

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
4/18/19 10:14 p.m.

Speed limit here in Colorado is 75mph on many of the freeways.  That means everyone is doing at least 80. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/19/19 7:14 a.m.
docwyte said:

Speed limit here in Colorado is 75mph on many of the freeways.  That means everyone is doing at least 80. 

Speed limit on the turnpikes here is 75, which the governor just signed a law yesterday to raise it to 80. And raise non-turnpike highways in some areas from 70 to 75.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/19/19 7:25 a.m.

Let's be clear, I didn't say 80mph was top end.  I said I didn't even realize I was speeding, 80mph feels like I'm cruising.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PgpJWv95SD8O5cJYxfAofdKMaY7uYp1us28BoJSdN8tbhurd3hAIQBPFVb9ZGOes