1 2
te72
te72 HalfDork
7/24/22 12:13 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

This is part of the reason I've never bought a new car...

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
7/24/22 9:39 a.m.

Since listing Midlana on BaT, I've been time watching auctions there, trying to figure out bidders. Quite a few 2022 Corvettes are showing up, ones with only a couple hundred miles on them, and it's hard not to theorize about why. (There's one coming up this morning, https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2022-chevrolet-corvette-12/) By watching to see if they actually sell, or "Reserve Not Met" helps answer the question. If it sells for near-MSRP, the seller "probably" decided that it wasn't for them, had some money situation where they needed out, or maybe their spouse said "no." OTOH, if the reserve was not met, it seems more like greed, someone trying to flip the car for a fast buck, but not understanding that the market is already softening. Bidders seem slightly less willing to just toss money at things lately...

I say "slightly" because they still lose their minds. Question: How much would you pay for an old Ford Bronco? How about one in really nice condition? After watching this one go, I realized that I'll never understand bidders, https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-ford-bronco-104/ Can you imagine driving that to the local Cars and Coffee, and someone asking what you paid for it? I'd be embarrassed to say.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/24/22 9:48 a.m.

Those flippers trying to squeeze all they can? I'm glad to see those cars sitting. Serves em right. They get zero sympathy. Berk em.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/24/22 2:39 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

The orange Corvette you posted went for 7k over msrp

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/24/22 5:22 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I'd say after taxes and fees, he broke even at best, assuming he paid MSRP. Taxes will eat up a lot of that $7k. 

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
6/22/23 5:12 p.m.

I was browsing Porsche dealers for Caymans. There was a listing for a 2023 Cayman GT4 RS for $480,000 which is roughly two and half times the MSRP price. Dealer gouging is way out of control.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/22/23 9:06 p.m.
JimS said:

I own a 911. Was with my family today and we saw a c8. I said maybe I'll get one of those and everyone with me said it was hideous. I'm in the PCA and I don't hear any c8 talk so I don't forsee any Porsche guys switching. 

After owning a few Porsches and Vettes my next car is going to be another Vette.  I once owned a Corvette and 911 that had nearly identical performance.  The Porsche was a fine craftsman style instrument and the Vette was a sledgehammer.  I guess I like hammers.  An LS or LT engine is also way less frightening to grenade.  I could never drive my Porsches like I do other cars.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/22/23 10:08 p.m.

Saw a dark red C8 Z06 tonight. That's a great color on that car. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
6/23/23 8:40 a.m.
Rodan said:

From the 'Vette forum:

Price by Trim (including $1,395 Destination Freight Charge)

1LZ

$106,395 (coupe)

$113,895 (convertible)

2LZ

$115,595 (coupe)

$122,595 (convertible)

3LZ

$120,245 (coupe)

$127,245 (convertible)

Pricing shown does not include applicable taxes, title, license, dealer fees or optional equipment.

Notable option packages:

• Z07 Performance Package – $8,995
    • Includes FE7 suspension, Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, Michelin Pilot Cup 2R ZP tires, and underbody strakes
    • Requires additional Carbon Aero Package with either Visible or Carbon Flash Painted components
  • Carbon Aero Package
    • Composed of carbon fiber splitter, rockers, dive planes and spoiler, available in Visible or Carbon Flash appearance
      • Visible Carbon Fiber - $10,495
      • Carbon Flash-Painted - $8,495
  • Carbon Fiber Wheels – Available with Z07 Performance Package
    • Deliver a 41-pound (18.6 kg) reduction in unsprung mass
      • Visible Carbon Fiber - $11,995
      • Carbon Flash-Painted - $9,995

So, bottom line for a 2LZ coupe with ZO7 performance package is $133,085.  Without dealer markup.

That's a chunka change, but still well under most other exotics at new pricing.  Looking forward to seeing some tests of this thing. 

I'm not a Vette guy, my boss still seems to love his C8 (forget exact year, 20 or 21?) but isn't happy with some transmissions issues and apparently an oil change is crazy.

I used to hear how the Vette was a great bang-for-the-buck option.  At these prices is that still true?

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/23 9:01 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

probably still the same ratio but they turned up the bang

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nzE7HURHqjoM7Bk92RxWRciahbKh8t8AdGOubClSL5Q0ErpuufTRX5ROFQy5uWJL