aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
12/19/08 6:27 p.m.

http://www.videosift.com/video/Idiots-at-muscle-car-meet

just retarded

alex
alex Reader
12/19/08 6:48 p.m.

If you can't so much as execute a burnout without spinning or hitting things around you, you need to have your mullet cut off.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
12/19/08 6:52 p.m.

"I hit my brakes, and for some reason it kept sliding!"

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
12/19/08 7:07 p.m.

Yea. Just yea.

Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
12/19/08 7:25 p.m.

Ugh, and in GTOs, too.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
12/19/08 7:25 p.m.
derekshannon wrote: There's a time and a place and a three-lane highway 'aint it.

Now that should be the next Grassroots T shirt

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/19/08 7:26 p.m.

There should be enough detail there to identify at least the place and at least some of the cars. That one GTO had a, um...distinctive paint job.

Redhornet
Redhornet New Reader
12/19/08 7:27 p.m.

Where's the friggin' cops when they're needed?

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/19/08 7:58 p.m.

The GTO club hit a low point on that one, it's from awhile ago. Yes, it was a hit-and-run, but they got the ding-dong to come back. Sad situation and the GTO club responsible tried to sweep it under the rug. I don't converse with any GTO clubs anymore and this is one of the many reasons why.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
12/19/08 8:17 p.m.

The sad thing is that we generally get lumped in with these knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, imbeciles. It's simply because most people who view cars as appliances can't differentiate between the idiots and the real driving enthusiasts.

You want more? Look up "Mustang Week crash" on Youtube. Frankly, this kind of behavior makes me almost ill.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
12/19/08 8:17 p.m.

Those are some idiots and why a lot of muscle car enthusiast get a bad name but don't understand how it ruins the "grassroots" hobby. What about moron ricers, or kraut burners? I believe all the F&F movies did a lot more harm to racing and modifying cars in general.

I'm a huge muscle car guy, but I don't associate with a lot of people in that crowd because they are dumbasses like that or only have a quarter of a brain. But come to think of it I don't associate with a lot of car enthusiasts in general. A lot of my close friends don't know chit about cars.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
12/19/08 8:20 p.m.

idiots is the right term. morons.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Reader
12/19/08 8:21 p.m.

This is the type of idiocy that makes me want to get away from Mustangs and stick to vintage japanese cars.

That, and the whole assumption every time I ask a question about suspension it's assumed that I'm trying to "hook better out of the hole".

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/19/08 8:47 p.m.

Idiots come in all flavors don't they? I'm was hanging out with a Mazda3 club one time and left soon after guys started doing "dry hops" in the parking lot. Ridiculous.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro New Reader
12/19/08 9:16 p.m.

Mandatory sterilisation for every one of those retards.

Shawn

skruffy
skruffy Dork
12/19/08 9:20 p.m.

I used to be involved with organizing local cruse-ins and whatnot. After the first F&F movie came out we got inundated with idiots streetracing near the meets, doing burnouts in crowded parkinglots, and just generally being stupid. We took the brunt of the backlash from the local police and eventually had to stop hosting events at all.

I'm still pissed that movie came out and completely ruined the import scene for a long time.

former520
former520 New Reader
12/19/08 9:30 p.m.

Number 4 is just around the corner!!

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
12/19/08 9:45 p.m.

I love my car, I laso dont beat my car or act like that type of shinny person.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Reader
12/19/08 9:49 p.m.

I'm at a loss for words. How was that ever a good idea. I have noticed that most of the problems come from events where are there are no skill activities associated with them, and too much hp for the inept. Stupid.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
12/19/08 9:51 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: Those are some idiots and why a lot of muscle car enthusiast get a bad name but don't understand how it ruins the "grassroots" hobby. What about moron ricers, or kraut burners? I believe all the F&F movies did a lot more harm to racing and modifying cars in general.

I expect more thought from you DirtyBird, these idiots are lumped with us as a menace in general, have you seen what happens in CA now, its almost a felony to want to modify your car and if you are even near a group of street racers in a modified car it will be seized and probably crushed, this sort of reaction is ruining our hobby.

How many of those appliance drivers are going to be positive about you in your challenge car after seeing this.

Then it's posted online for thousands more to see their idiocy.

It also chases away investment money which would be put into start ups who would produce more performance parts and gear. Who want to be associated with this behaviour?

If all modified drivers behaved on the road we wouldn't have such issues.

While all of us has had our moments, a steady stream of douchebags tearing up a three lane is just lunacy and it is exactly what law makers react to, despite it being the minority it is always the actions of the few who ruin it for the majority.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
12/19/08 10:14 p.m.

sorry aussie it's been a long day at work, i was thinking on the surface. But I generally consider people like this "Ricers" and so on, which since the F&F era have been ruining it for a lot of pure enthusiasts. The F&F jump-started a craze for parts and body kits for imports and so on. Companies were coming out with stuff left and right to meet the demands of kids wanting to be the next Vin Diezel or Paul Walker. But then the automotive community got an influx of f'ing douchebags and morons thinking they know everything about everything to do with cars and thinking they know how to drive and streetrace which has led to the crazy laws and general publics view of automotive enthusiasts.

I act like a tard sometimes but only in stock cars which bare no resemblance to an performance car :) as to not put a bad name to automotive enthusiasts. And usually do so in a very unpopulated area.

And manufacturers would most likely be pissed if their products or names were blatantly visible or associated with the morons or vehicles participating in these events.

Empty parking lot and same thigns going on it's not that big of a deal...a la Ken Block. Add in three lanes of traffic and potentially risking lives then it becomes a problem.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/19/08 10:28 p.m.
its almost a felony to want to modify your car and if you are even near a group of street racers in a modified car it will be seized and probably crushed,

Isn't that a bit of an overstatement?

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
12/19/08 10:58 p.m.
kreb wrote:
its almost a felony to want to modify your car and if you are even near a group of street racers in a modified car it will be seized and probably crushed,
Isn't that a bit of an overstatement?

Nope.

Ok, maybe a little. But only a little.

benzbaron
benzbaron New Reader
12/19/08 11:08 p.m.

What is the point of burning out? Am I the only one here that has a car incapable of doing a burnout. I might be able to generate smoke in my pickup and motorcycle, but it would come from the clutch. People who are into doing burnouts are straight line performance people. I don't care how fast your car goes from 0-60 if you cannot control the thing under full throttle or through the curves. Wish I had money to throw away on tires. Funny thing, I'm using H rated tires for my car and they cost like 100$ mounted and balance each, for high performance V rated tires in my size, they are about 500$ apiece.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
12/19/08 11:10 p.m.

Have you ever heard of the CARB laws, it is no overstatement

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LJ2z9VkLD82CquKvCDNVFT4228zYfYUt1fyiXIAbIBxcOho6eBDRHEErcffiqCzf