8/25/10 10:49 p.m.

The Morgan pictured above would do me.

Or this -

No kids etc. I could totally get by with just a Miura

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
8/25/10 11:04 p.m.

Do I have to pay for it?

I think that I would love a Citroen DS. Not paying for it, not repairing it, etc., but driving it would be fun.

It would eternally brand me as "that weird guy" but perhaps it wouldn't be off-base, either.

M030
M030 HalfDork
8/26/10 6:24 a.m.

Porsche 993 RS. Black, please. No kids & the wife actually prefers a stick shift.

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/26/10 9:52 a.m.
Ian F wrote:
PS122 wrote: Integra Type R...
It seems everybody I've ever met who has owned one of these says, " I loved that car until it got stolen".

I could always drive the ITR until it gets stolen then replace it with an E30 M3... kinda circumvents the rules and allows me own two cars I've always dreamed of owning.

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/26/10 12:19 p.m.

This would not be bad. My wife can drive a stick but we have three kids so whatever it is has to be big.

The AMG version of the W251, the R63 AMG, was introduced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show as a 2007 model. It features a handbuilt 6.2 L M156 V8 engine producing 503 hp (375 kW) and 465 ft·lbf (630 N·m) of torque. Mercedes-Benz's 7G-Tronic seven-speed automatic transmission is standard, but the R63 features AMG-calibrated shift times with shifting buttons on the back of the steering wheel.

The R63 AMG is electronically limited to a top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h), with 0-62 mph time of 5.0 seconds. Due to low sales, as the majority went for diesel R's, the R63 was taken out of production in 2007 with the first facelift for the R-Class.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
8/26/10 12:22 p.m.
PS122 wrote: I could always drive the ITR until it gets stolen then replace it with an E30 M3... kinda circumvents the rules and allows me own two cars I've always dreamed of owning.

Hmm... good point.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Reader
8/26/10 12:25 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: In reply to Greg Voth: Nice setup. I was thinking of getting WRX seats for my Forester, too. I just have to find some for sale.

It is a nice upgrade. We have a pair in Per's new project car. We were happy with the Forester seats but the lateral support was not there. She thought I was nuts both times replacing good condition seats with WRX ones until she sat in them. Probably the best stock seats I have been in.

Armitage
Armitage Reader
8/26/10 12:25 p.m.

Do I have to PAY for it? That answer would change the result.

I've gotten by with my Galant for almost 10 years as my primary source of transportation but it doesn't make a very good track car due to small brakes, funky weight distribution, and relative heaviness for its narrow 15" tires. If I had to have just one car I'd probably step up to a later model Evo to rectify those shortcomings.

If I had an unlimited budget I'd get something more exotic for sure ;P

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
8/26/10 4:26 p.m.

I have 4 kids. I'd have to go with a minivan and a bicycle. Or maybe several bicycles.

Actually, might not be a bad idea.

cxhb
cxhb HalfDork
8/26/10 7:00 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: oldskewel, i wanted to say ae86 too, its in my top five cars i want to own before i die, but i dont think its practical enough for ohio winter duty I do want to amend my pic, and change it to a 2002 Lincoln LS with a Skyline GTR RB26DET + Atessa awd .

WHAT? AE86 not practical enough for winter duty?! My AE86 was my favorite winter car! Even on 2/32 tread depth tires + welded diff! Imagine If I had actual snow tires... I miss that car so much

JtspellS
JtspellS New Reader
8/26/10 7:23 p.m.

If wife is not around

If wife is still round

Ian F
Ian F Dork
8/27/10 10:13 a.m.

Some guy built my teenaged dream car:

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2010/01/01/hmn_feature1.html

Even the color is what I wanted.

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
8/27/10 10:55 a.m.

I only have one car and I can't say I would change it if I could. I'd like to at least go stage 1 but my wife seems to be pregnant...

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Reader
8/27/10 8:56 p.m.

I can't seem to find a better car than my 02 wrx wagon. After 8 years of ownership, it keeps getting the job done. With a Yakima rack, I hauled 7 sheets of bcx plywood, 4 2x4x10's and the whole electrical system for my new garage without a fuss. And fast. The only thing I would change would be a 2.5 short block, Sti trans, and an evo3 turbo to make it perfect. Today was a small load, but as I told the wife today- this is the best truck I've ever owned.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nJyqU5XAbGziXDaoZXj15HTg1AdMBqPlecDKfXx2J7Q2e7bOT2obDBCZ4oOoGoIo