1 ... 3 4 5
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/1/22 8:19 p.m.

Well Rossi isn't confirmed officially at SPAM yet, Kyle KirkwoodKyle Kirkwood has been announced at Andretti. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/2/22 10:21 a.m.

Hopefully the cartoon anvil doesn't hit Kirkwood like it has everyone else at AA. AA may spend the money, but I don't think they are at the level the past couple of years of Chip, Penske, and now Spam.

6/2/22 10:56 a.m.

Something has gone wrong with the whole AA / Rossi relationship.  IT's just not working, and when a relationship deteriorates, both sides can have the best of intentions and things just wont work.  Kirkwood is coming in.  There's going to be renewed energy just from that.  Rossi going to SPAM will again give him the mental boost to refocus his concentration.  Honestly I hope for nothing but the best for all parties, AA, SPAM, Rossi and Kirkwood.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/2/22 11:06 a.m.
6/2/22 11:19 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Excellent.  And it looks like SPAM are going to three cars next year so Rosenquist should stay too.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/6/22 1:06 p.m.

Redemption for W. Power and good form for Rossi. Curious to see who AJ Foyt will be testing for next years open seat. I would really like to see Spencer Pigot  and Santino get a test with them, but I imagine they may seek another driver with sponsorship and/or money.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/6/22 8:33 p.m.

A pretty boring race if not for the disparity between the Red and Black tire compounds.

The IMSA race on Saturday was MUCH better, without mandatory compound changes or push-to-pass.

6/6/22 9:45 p.m.

I found it pretty compelling the way Rossi was running Power down there at the end. Another lap or two and he probably would have had him.

It can't be a coincidence that ever since Rossi figured out that he's leaving Andretti, he's run a lot better, can it?

6/7/22 8:53 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

And remember after Power's car wouldn't re-start last year, Pato then did what Rossi tried, but did manage to pass Newgarden with a lap or two left.

I agree, it's not coincidence, I think both sides have known it's not been a good relationship for the last X months.  Now the waiting's over, both sides are relaxing that the future is clear, and as soon as you relax, both sides stop making silly mistakes.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a strong streak of good performances from Rossi / AA in the coming races.  Too late to salvage much for this year, but some good results will continue to help both sides.

I haven't been listening to Off track with Hinch and Rossi recently, but it sounds like both of them are/were pretty good friends with Marco, and have spent a lot of time hanging with him and the Andretti family, I wonder how that will play out now.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/7/22 9:09 a.m.

Seems like Michael has a lot going on lately.

6/7/22 10:02 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

6/11/22 6:43 p.m.
racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/12/22 2:31 p.m.

Setting up to be a pretty good finish.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/13/22 10:57 a.m.

No one was catching Newgarden yesterday. Simonia didn't look to bad given how the rest of ECR was doing. DeFrancesco is what I expected, but probably not a good idea to piss off WP laugh. Team Rahal were able to strategize to the front, but again disappointing qualifying. I am wondering what Mclaren are going to do with Felix. Looked pretty good yesterday.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
10/6/22 3:42 p.m.

What would a Trackhouse IndyCar program look like? This would be really cool if this happened and he let Kimi drive.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZwK4IILNYqy2lG5KMlfHVVA5GjgMnJFts2ZCQ2cJVEqnVxwEytUgfgoPBBaIykDo