1 2
NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
1/9/11 1:02 a.m.
M030 wrote: Just this morning, I saw a VW that looked like it was a Mk4 Jetta with a new style Passat nose & headlights, some funny looking taillights and a foreign license plate. It was definitely not somebody's hack custom job, either. Everything fit a little too well & the paint looked original.

In Canada VW continued to sell both the Mk4 Jetta and Golf as the Jetta City and Golf City. They were sold as cheaper entry level cars. The 2.0L 4-banger only, no Tdi's or turbo motors.

plance1
plance1 Dork
1/9/11 6:35 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: back when I worked sunday day shifts there was always a Jag XJS 'vert in the lot when I showed up, like this one. Once I parked next to a blue Mayers Manx(SP?) and have a pic of it on my old cell. The best I ever came across was a newish Maserrati coupe. Most recently, this past summer I was behind an SLK55 AMG, going 5 under and being passed by mini vans. I'de have passed it my self, but with the line of traffic it would have been pointless.

I've always liked those jags and it seems they don't cost alot nowadays...hmmm.

byron12
byron12 New Reader
1/9/11 3:16 p.m.
M030 wrote: Just this morning, I saw a VW that looked like it was a Mk4 Jetta with a new style Passat nose & headlights, some funny looking taillights and a foreign license plate. It was definitely not somebody's hack custom job, either. Everything fit a little too well & the paint looked original.

That is likely the NMS...http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-nms.html

Jay
Jay Dork
1/10/11 5:20 a.m.

Today I saw... a Ford Tempo? In Germany?! WTF?
I can't believe someone went to all the trouble to bring one of those things over here. Please tell me they weren't sold here new...

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/10/11 6:50 a.m.
Zomby woof wrote: I was OK with it, because it was Christmas

that is the ONLY time a Geo Metro will be more picture worthy than an early-mid '80s Ferrari

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
1/10/11 7:30 a.m.

I've seen several 2012 Focus running around the Ann Arbor area. They fit Travis_K's description.

EricM
EricM Dork
1/10/11 8:05 a.m.

An Audi R8 lives in my neighborhood

oldtin
oldtin Dork
1/10/11 8:15 a.m.

The car wasn't that interesting - but I can't remember seeing Puerto Rico license plates before.

chuckles
chuckles Reader
1/10/11 10:14 a.m.

Old family story: When my father was a teenager, in the mid-'30's, his father took him on a business trip, a day-long drive to another city and back. When they got home, my grandmother asked my father whether he and my grandfather had had "a nice visit." My dad said: "Yes. On the way back a car passed us going the other way and Papa said: "Cord." '

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
1/10/11 11:45 a.m.

So a while back I am sitting at a stop sign at the end of bear creek rd, waiting my turn to enter the freeway when a Bugatti Veyron shoots past headed up the hill.

As I am shaking my head saying to myself: "well it doesn't get rarer than that" a 1930ish type 35 Bugatti follows the Veyron up the mountain rd...

My jaw was on the floor for a while...

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/10/11 11:46 a.m.

an audi a1 exited off 395 towards the pentagon on my morning commute last week. same color.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7tsjdMWIZGCBCfZp7VrnGwGh9JimHtYp5COhNZOMXxLyaab2NkUXpxlMAEi4DDHs