1 2 3
westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
2/13/14 9:25 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: A Civic Hatch with a B-Series swap is about the best low-budget HPDE car you can find, for that price. I ran a Civic Sedan with the mini-me upgrade and swapped-in Integra suspension. It was a stripper DX, so pretty darn light and it had amazing brakes with good handling. I was able to stay in front of most cars in the twisties and braking zones, but lost out on the straights. The B16 Civic Hatches were right there with me, until they walked away on the main straight. Still wish I got around to building a Civic with a big motor. There are a lot of cast-off Honda Challenge and ITA cars out there as well. The other option is of course, Miata. If you want to get on track with RWD on a budget, there really is no better way.

this is spot on

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/14 9:28 a.m.

He got an AE92 GTS for free, for those of you not reading!

Wanderer
Wanderer New Reader
2/13/14 11:13 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Hey, now I got another AE92 owner buddy! Trucke and Dr. Hess on this board also own them. There's one other guy with a gray coupe who had a build thread on here, can't remember his username. Edit: Also take a look at the Trueno in my Reader's Rides and see if you want any parts from that. There are a bunch of body parts that won't fit my coupe (like everything in the bumper) I'd sell you.

Ah you were the one I was thinking of when I said bug people haha. I actually really like that front end with the big lights up front, my buddy who gave it to me and I were actually talking about that front end when we were checking the car out. Not sure how the fenders and bumper work with an 88 coupe but if you're not far i'll come take all that stuff, shipping would be too much I think. I'm in the Bay Area.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/14 11:31 a.m.

Haha I'm very far and shipping would definitely be on the high side...3 digits for sure. But that is a JDM front end, if you want the big lights you need a JDM bumper like the one on that car.

(Or you could cut & glass a "thin light" bumper)

Wanderer
Wanderer New Reader
2/13/14 3:21 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Road trip!

In reality i'll probably pick up an SR5 bumper and fender from a pick-a-part LOL thanks for the offer though, appreciated!

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
2/13/14 3:43 p.m.

I didn't read the whole thread, just the first bit. Want mine?

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/95-honda-civic-hb/65822/page1/

I've been driving at Sonoma, but I'm afraid I'm going to run out of space to work on it soon and the man is going to be after me.

Wanderer
Wanderer New Reader
2/14/14 10:51 a.m.

In reply to accordionfolder:

Got a free car. Thanks for the offer though, it's a good looking car and looks to be fun to drive as well.

I'm going to have to figure out what to do with mine too, though I think i'll be able to register it. I assume yours is not registered/parked on street. I feel you i've had to deal with that before too.

ShadowSix
ShadowSix Dork
2/14/14 10:59 a.m.

I think a stock B13 non-SE-R would be a huge drag to drive without a LOT of work. I find that it is difficult to buy a good EF or any Integra in Ohio at least, between rust and the fastnfurious crowd what's left is painfully expensive. My vote is the AE92.

Wanderer
Wanderer New Reader
2/14/14 12:43 p.m.
ShadowSix wrote: My vote is the AE92.

Luckily that's what I got with 4AGE "power"

You guys probably get a million of these threads so i'm not even mad about people TL;DR.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
2/14/14 4:14 p.m.

In reply to Wanderer:

It has valid Oregon Tags, full emission equipment, and is fully insured, but I highly, highly doubt it will pass any inspection in CA where I'm living now (I moved about 6 months ago). I'm trying to research into how I can ease it through the process, I guess we'll see, I would be sad to lose it honestly.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
68gspnCo73qSL76NX8c3c7DLNmin68lVkV0LLJkBspYMclhl0JRaIvfPMRXqWkWZ