J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
5/29/23 8:04 a.m.
feature_image

Is that new Porsche 911 GT3 not quite fast enough? Well, for another $57,300 (starting), you can make it even quicker–with parts from one of the top names in Porsche motorsports, Manthey.

Just how much faster? Porsche said the Manthey Performance Kit cut lap times at the Nürburgring Nordschleife by 4.19 seconds, when compared to the standard 911 GT3, …

Read the rest of the story

calteg
calteg SuperDork
5/29/23 8:10 a.m.

Folks that can actually afford a GT3 won't blink at another $60k

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
5/29/23 9:38 a.m.

For those wondering what's included in the kit, it's basically some light aero work, new adjustable coilovers with different spring rates and braided stainless brake lines.

dps214
dps214 SuperDork
5/29/23 9:43 a.m.

Interesting that the rear spring rate is actually lower. Also interesting that porsche themselves refer to the dampers as "struts" because there's now zero actual struts on that car.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
5/29/23 9:56 a.m.

Of course I haven't been allowed to drive it yet, but I've had the privilege of seeing this car nearly daily and watching it turn laps.  All I can say is oh hell yeah!!!!

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/30/23 9:18 a.m.

Just so I understand this correctly... $60k+ for a body kit, new coilovers and braided stainless brake lines?  That nets you 4 seconds on a 7 minute lap?  Surely I'm missing something?

Paging P.T. Barnum to the Rennlist forum.  Mr. Barnum to Rennlist please...

dps214
dps214 SuperDork
5/30/23 10:57 a.m.
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) said:

Just so I understand this correctly... $60k+ for a body kit, new coilovers and braided stainless brake lines?  That nets you 4 seconds on a 7 minute lap?  Surely I'm missing something?

Paging Mr. Barnum to the Rennlist forum.  Mr. Barnum to Rennlist please...

And it doesn't even make it any less ugly.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
5/30/23 11:35 a.m.

I  think the price is crazy , and I wonder if you can buy Porsche factory  add ons that help some and add value to your car , 

if it was RUF then it might also add value....

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
5/30/23 12:22 p.m.
dps214 said:

I respectfully disagree

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/23 12:26 p.m.
dps214 said:

They all look like stretched beetles, always have. Apparently that's the allure of Porsches, but I never understood it. Of course I couldn't  tell the difference between a 911 and a 996 if they were right beside each other and painted clashing colors.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/30/23 12:29 p.m.

It's simply amazing and if I win the mega millions I will buy two!  One will be modified to rallycross!

DaleCarter
DaleCarter GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/4/23 6:36 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

the allure of Porsches is that they are the best road cars in the world with an unmatched racing record...

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/5/23 11:21 a.m.

$60k got it 0.65sec faster lap than stock on the Nordschleife...

Fastest Laps

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/5/23 12:10 p.m.

That's too much money for too little gain.

That kind of difference only matters to pro racers, who can rarely be so sloppy with the speed per dollar.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/5/23 12:18 p.m.

What's with the mismatched front and rear wheels? Just another talking point at cars and coffee?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/5/23 1:39 p.m.

Paging P.T. Barnum to the Rennlist forum.  Mr. Barnum to Rennlist please...

Can't you just buy your parts on eBay? wink

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NaWaNIsSSDNi9qMljzsp5ARHHH9CwlX8t9a6vdDDfZt7w2HdPthBIG7NTp0qUVrE