1 2
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/10/23 8:36 a.m.

Isn't life just a high stakes game of variables?

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
1/10/23 9:25 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I have plenty of car control skills.  I just have more self preservation and really like having my car in its current state skills as well.  One of my friends has no issues balling up cars on track, he's done it several times already.  He's always going to be faster than me because of that, I have no desire to ball up a car on track.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
1/10/23 9:53 a.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to OJR :

Yes at our age it is an addiction and it must be fed.  

I agree racing is an addiction - at almost any age.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/10/23 10:40 a.m.

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/10/23 11:35 a.m.

The variables are what makes it fun.  Trying to harness a large number of variables and improve your performance is a challenge and a fun one.  In times events sure you compare yourself to others but it's even better to see how you improve over time.  I really enjoy seeing how much time I can shave off on a rallycross course over 5 or more runs.  Figuring out where to go harder and faster is cool.  Figuring out where to go slower to get a faster time is even cooler.  

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
1/10/23 11:44 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I loved doing that in my youth.  Make that little 3.8 play with the big boys. 5-6000 cc even 7000 if it wasn't well driven.  
   But with age I lost a lot of the edge I used to have.  There is a reason  pro's stop in their 40-50's 

But the addiction makes me want to hear that V12 screaming and a need to get the car on the knife edge of control.  Even if that edge is further back than it was  a while ago.   

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EWlMFItpRkzEGsFT0irlGbsFgFRcrZaOZvgS2zamhknW5eInF3VpdwVBSjfu53WI