huggybear626
huggybear626 New Reader
3/30/11 9:52 p.m.

So i may be able to pick up an 89 civic dx from a co worker with no engine or trans for cheap. it needs some work but I am willing to do it over time. I have been wanting to race for a long time and as i am 27 I fic=gure i should get going soon.. My question is how do these civics perfom in improved touring b? how much work do some guys put into the engines? Just want to get a baseline. I have a car that I can drive to autocross and maybe do some track days but I want to build this car up for c=some fender to fender action.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/31/11 5:28 a.m.

I did the same thing but with an ITB Rabbit 6 years ago. It took about 2 years to get everything together and I still have a few things to do. In the IT racing world you can go cheap and get on the track and have fun. That's what I like about it.

To answer your question, I think a properly prepped Honda would do just fine in IT. The Bimmers and Volvo's might still be quicker.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
3/31/11 9:07 a.m.

Some guys spend alot of money on engine work, I think the real question though is, how far do you plan on taking the car? Are you going to nationals with it? I wouldn't worry much unless your going for an ultra competitive car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bpeFyhL2BURfmAtDUm4eQbfuCZrJiEauPVtPJA1YyENJsal4XstB9VjG6rao4OFw