1 2 3 4
84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/24/20 11:50 a.m.
nocones said:

I've had Milwaukee M18 stuff for ~7 years.  Still works, still supported by the brand.  they have continually updated the tools to keep current with technology but left the general battery design the same.  I just have the drill and 2 1/4 impacts.  I want the bigger impact and others but they are not a cheap option.  

I just scored the new high tq 19v 1/2" drive impact and battery for 225 shipped off FB mkt place new.  Loving it.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/24/20 11:54 a.m.

Upgraded to a Ryobi kit for the rest of what I do.  Aside from needing bigger batteries it is great.

If anyone wants a craftsman 19.2 set I am happy to send for shipping cost.  Very decent home owner grade setup but batteries have died and I wanted to go beefier.  Have the drill, 3/8 impact, and  1/2 impact as well as chargers.  Amazon had new upgraded batteries for $34 this am.  Just ping if interested.  Will likely donate them to goodwill if not.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
11/24/20 12:25 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

If no one else is interested, I’d be in, and no need for shipping.  Are these the ones with the C3 lithium ion batteries?  I don’t have a viable cordless drill, and could use a replacement impact for rallyx.  Let me know if you’d like any cash, or if you’re in need of anything I may have in my parts stash.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/24/20 12:37 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Cool - Happy to help a local GRM'r out - ping me and we can connect as you are pretty nearby I think - I'm just off Clough Pike.  Six seven five one three five seven.  Happy they'll be used.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/21 1:08 p.m.

Was wandering through Home Depot the other day.  Saw that they had a 1/2" Brushless Impact.

I got real excited cause POWAH! then I had to pause.  My 3/8" brushless impact completely broke down my dead 300 engine.  I wondered if I'd really need it for anything.

18V ONE+ HP BRUSHLESS 4-MODE 1/2" IMPACT WRENCH | RYOBI Tools

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/3/21 1:14 p.m.

My baby ridgids, I haven't gotten to break them in yet, but with the performance of the high torque 1/2", I'm expecting good things. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/3/21 2:15 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

My baby ridgids, I haven't gotten to break them in yet, but with the performance of the high torque 1/2", I'm expecting good things. 

That's really a cool little impact!  I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them.  I went with Ridgid 18V a few years back when my drill died and have been impressed with the hammer drill, 1/2" Gen 5 brushless impact, and recip saw.   

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/3/21 5:58 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I'm half way through dropping an engine and transmission using the 3/8, something I wouldn't have thought is possible. I'm sold on it. When the battery gets down to 1 bar the performance lags, but half full or more and she laughed at motor mount brackets that were installed in 1993. No soaking in PB blaster, no deep creep, no heat. 

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I'll have to look into getting those or at least the 3/8" (already have the larger version of the 1/2").

Another tool worth it's price in the ridgid line is the 4.5" grinder. It's not as powerful as a corded tool but for quick cuts and grinding it is great, very convenient to just grab and do the job. I use it probably 90% of the time with corded grinders used the other 10% when I need the extra power.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/20/22 12:17 p.m.

With Ryobi on sale again at Home Depot for $99 for 2x 18V 4Ah batteries, charger, and tool, which of these is the preferred tool to pick up for someone who does random home and car repairs and upkeep? I just got a little welder so presumably there's a +1 for the grinder but OTOH I have seen only one review of their grinder and they say that it is a disappointment.

Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Multitool (usually $79)

​​Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder (usually $59.97)

I was hoping to justify the purchase (to daily use the batteries in a powerwheels) by getting the inverter and using it to have mobile power for my corded drill, leaf blower, and sawzall but it's 150W 1.5A, so no dice.

The full list of the $99 options including the ones I don't care about are here. List pilfered from thedrive. They have other deals right now, too, FWIW.

Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench (usually $99)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Half-Inch Hammer Drill (usually $79)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless 3-1/4-Inch Planer (usually $99)
​​Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder (usually $59.97)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless 5-1/2-Inch Circular Saw (usually $69)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander (usually $59)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Compact Radio with Bluetooth (usually $44.97)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Fixed-Base Trim Router (usually $69)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Hybrid Whisper Series 7-1/2-Inch Fan (usually $59)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Multitool (usually $79)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Orbital Jig Saw (usually $69)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Precision Rotary Tool (usually $49.97)
Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Reciprocating Saw (usually $79)
Ryobi One+ 18V Hybrid 20-Watt LED Work Light (usually $79)
Ryobi One+ 18V Hybrid Portable Fan (usually $49.97)

Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike HalfDork
6/21/22 8:41 a.m.

If you are in the Ryobi or Ridgid families, I'm sorry for sharing this.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/

That is TTI's factory outlet site for Ryobi and Ridgid, plus some other stuff. If you have a store near you, lucky dog.  No Milwaukee though.

PS - So not sorry devil

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/22 11:24 p.m.

In reply to Wxdude10 - Mike :

Some of the stores have Milwaukee stuff on the shelves but not available on line. 
I would recommend signing up for the emails and watching for a sale. Sometimes the sales are better than what we get as employee discounts. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/21/22 11:32 p.m.

Home Despot is running some specials on the Ridgid cordless 18v tool line.  Extra batteries and/or tools on some of the combo packs.  I just ordered this one a few minutes ago...last time I got Ridgid tools, you could register the batteries for a lifetime warranty.

Ridgid...Ridgid...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/22/22 10:09 a.m.
Wxdude10 - Mike said:

If you are in the Ryobi or Ridgid families, I'm sorry for sharing this.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/

That is TTI's factory outlet site for Ryobi and Ridgid, plus some other stuff. If you have a store near you, lucky dog.  No Milwaukee though.

PS - So not sorry devil

Well I just ordered a buffer, sander, stapler, another 1/4" impact (since I have dropped mine off an 8ft ladder multiple times and now it is running at about billion rpm), another work light and a hot glue gun (for the wife).

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7uglxNH2qcQX7R3TqKG32xClkRpyC6iVuGLnuf9H8MeJGr5Hq5cInj9vaIsnkZxY