1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24
maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/20/21 7:46 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

From what I gathered on Mazda's site, they don't have to accept S-plan pricing.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
7/20/21 8:04 p.m.

Yeah, no obligation as I understand it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one that will. Mine took it without question.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/20/21 9:22 p.m.

I figured as such, it just seems tough to find cars with the Recaro package, especially if you're picky about color.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/20/21 10:14 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

From what I gathered on Mazda's site, they don't have to accept S-plan pricing.

They don't HAVE TO, but S-Plan is berkeleyING INVOICE PRICE. sure they're not making a bunch of money.. but literally they don't have to lose money to sell a car... like many new car deals..

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/27/21 3:49 p.m.

How do we feel about white leather seats? Will I ruin them with my garage/junkyarding jeans? What about sweat from running/cycling? I've never owned leather. Black leather is hot in Georgia, but also I'm used to black vinyl in my El Camino.

Looks pretty amazing with the blue though...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/21 3:54 p.m.

That picture makes it look spectacular. I'd have a hard time turning that down.

No data on long-term living with a light interior. I'd rather have light leather than light cloth.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/27/21 4:05 p.m.

How about you get the white leather interior, with white seat covers? That way you can take them off and wash them and they won't be so hot

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/27/21 4:07 p.m.

White leather looks great! Go for it. Besides, this is supposed to be your "nice" car, right?

dps214
dps214 Dork
7/27/21 4:13 p.m.

Probably fine as long as the materials are decent? My cayman has white leather seats, actually a pretty similar overall interior color scheme to that. >70k miles in and there's a couple of spots of minor discoloration on the seat but overall it's still fine. Who knows what past owners have done to it, but I can't imagine they were too nice to it. I do my best to avoid wearing anything dirty in it but I've definitely gotten in sweaty a lot after autocrosses and it doesn't seem to have done any damage. Keep it well cleaned/conditioned and it could probably put up with some occasional dirt too.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/27/21 4:14 p.m.

Looks great.  I remember seeing 10-15 year old Cadillacs with white leather back when I was in high school, and while the seats had cracked, they didn't appear to have stained, so I'd assume if they are treated well, they are far less likely to get discolored than light colored cloth would.

BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
7/27/21 6:08 p.m.

So it wasn't leather but I had white whatever Plymouth used for leather/vinyl interior back in the day, and when it started to get dirty looking all you had to do is spray leather(vinyl) cleaner on it, wipe it off and it came out looking good.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/27/21 8:03 p.m.

I had a 2001 silver on (very) light grey leather interior Audi S4, like in the picture below. I loved it when new but I wore jeans a lot and eventually the seats showed it. There was also the same light leather on the door armrests and they got pretty discolored. And I'm anal about car cleanliness. :(

7/27/21 10:09 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

No data on long-term living with a light interior. I'd rather have light leather than light cloth.

Not a huge knock against Mazda.. but we were always neurotic about the parckment white seats at the dealer.. they did discolor in the loaner cars some..

I recommend staying with the tried and true black leather interior..

Keith Tanner
7/27/21 10:18 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

Parchment being the color used in 2001-05 Miatas, at least. I don't think I've seen discoloration in our car with those seats, but it's probably not that high a total mileage. Personally, I'd probably be willing to risk it for that white/blue combo but that's easy to say when it's not your car :) We did order the mode 3 with black instead of white leather, i will admit.

Mazda leather is not the best leather overall. 

7/27/21 10:26 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

Parchment being the color used in 2001-05 Miatas, at least. I don't think I've seen discoloration in our car with those seats, but it's probably not that high a total mileage. Personally, I'd probably be willing to risk it for that white/blue combo but that's easy to say when it's not your car :) We did order the mode 3 with black instead of white leather, i will admit.

Mazda leather is not the best leather overall. 

The name came back again in 2015/16 with the white CX-5 Seats being the first IIRC.. also available in the higher end mazda 3's and definitely the 6's

Keith Tanner
7/27/21 10:27 p.m.

Ah, ok. The Miata color was a tan, not white. 

But look at that picture!!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/28/21 10:32 a.m.
pointofdeparture said:

I figured as such, it just seems tough to find cars with the Recaro package, especially if you're picky about color.

So be patient and order one?

When I bought my '13 Mustang GT, that's what I did. I ordered a very unicorn setup and when I ended up trading it in 7 months later, a different dealer gave me only $500 less than what I paid. 

Oxford white, base GT manual, track pack. 99% of the time, track pack or PP (now), come with a bunch more options or are the next trim level up. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
7/28/21 10:58 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Worst case scenario they do begin to stain. They're white you can stain the leather a darker color to hide any white crimes. Someone on here restained the leather in his BMW and it turned out great.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/28/21 11:38 a.m.

Just one guy's opinion but I would definitely not do the white interior if this will your transport from junkyards or any other time you'll be filthy. I had the light, light tan seats in my R57 Mini, cleaned it religiously and the seats still ended up looking grubby. Sure, you'll likely always be able to get the stain/dirt/whatever off of the seat but if you care about that stuff it will annoy you greatly like it did me. 

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/28/21 12:06 p.m.

We have a 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring with the white leather for my wife's car. It's held up fairly well. It's definitely got some stains, most of which I've been able to clean off. Most surprisingly it got its worst staining from dark blue jeans. Probably something to avoid wearing if you get it. Color combo looks fantastic on the ND.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/28/21 12:29 p.m.

In reply to mblommel :

Sounds like my earlier opinion is invalid, then.  I'd assume the leather is the same in the Miata.   I'll retract my suggestion, unless seat covers are immediately bought to keep the leather clean.  It's too bad, it looks really good.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/28/21 12:32 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I wouldn't say you're wrong. I bet they have faired better than a set of light colored cloth seats. We had kids too and I was able to clean off a number of kid-related stains. The Mazda leather is thin and not the best quality, so it's held up fairly well. 

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
7/28/21 12:38 p.m.

That is a nice looking color combo.  Get it and buy some white leather pants and a blue shirt.  You'll look as fabulous as the Miata.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
7/28/21 12:43 p.m.

I considered the blue over white combo when I got my ND, but the white leather scared me. I ended up with black - not as good as some of the colors offered in earlier model years, but also arguably the easiest to maintain. Worst case scenario, if I can't live with the color or the leather gets beat up, I'll restain or get new skins from lseat.

Keith Tanner
7/28/21 1:27 p.m.

I can see how the dye from jeans would stain white leather. That's its job, pretty much. 

As for junkyard runs, I'm pretty sure there are better suited vehicles in the fleet for a whole bunch of reasons!

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CxXcmCVBxnEAQj8T1RIYLUoHQ2x1lBTaxKhWrvDMVOKvWmudBbcF2cjdR7boXVCf