J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
1/28/23 10:11 p.m.

Fireworks!

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/28/23 10:31 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

They covered the fireworks without commercial break longer than green flag racing!

J.A. Ackley
1/28/23 10:34 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Personally, if I had to do something without a commercial break, it would be coverage of the campgrounds. surprise

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/23 11:35 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

I have turned off Peacock and found other ways to watch.  

J.A. Ackley
1/28/23 11:57 p.m.

Midnight tour underway!

J.A. Ackley
1/29/23 1:22 a.m.

The media room gets quiet after 1 a.m. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/29/23 3:08 a.m.

Packed house for the Midnight Tour. Thank you, everyone who joined us, and a big thank you to our guests: GRM tire tester Andy Hollis; Adam Saal, representing   Mercedes-AMG PR; and IMSA President John Doonan.

Here's what it looked like from my vantage point. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
1/29/23 3:13 a.m.

Midnight tour is complete!

Aaron_King
1/29/23 9:15 a.m.

I am not sold on the C8 street car looks, but man it looks great as a race car.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/29/23 9:23 a.m.

Go to bed with the Vette meh- get up in the morning, and it's leading.  

Things change in a long race.

J.A. Ackley
1/29/23 10:47 a.m.

Le monstre!

J.A. Ackley
1/29/23 10:50 a.m.

Le arte

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/29/23 11:32 a.m.
J.A. Ackley said:

Le monstre!

now that we've had stafford1500 build a Bugatti Type 32 for GRM Challenge, I reckon this should be on the "list of challenge race car homages"

J.A. Ackley
1/29/23 11:52 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

So, I walk away for 15 minutes and it disappears. I'm like what is this? A ghost? Then, it's on the road and on its way home. It had a sound of a monster - and it was great.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
1/29/23 12:34 p.m.

Ok, did I see a 6 cylinder engine in a Daytona coupe body  earlier in the magazine?  I thought it was entered  in the race? I suppose I got that wrong?  

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/29/23 12:40 p.m.

It's home is quite the place to visit.  I've been there a few times with SCCA, and got the tour of the garage, which is every bit as impressive as the museum is.

https://revsinstitute.org/visit/

J.A. Ackley
1/29/23 12:40 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

This one?

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
1/29/23 1:00 p.m.

Sitting at home with a cold and  thinking once again this year, I really, really miss the original SpeedVision and the wire to wire coverage, all 24 hours, of the race.

So sad, cant even get in car footage on imsa.tv. cause I live in the US. like I was able to a few years ago.

Keep the posts coming !

Guess I need to d the right thing in the future and attend in person.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/29/23 1:00 p.m.

I used to work for Varde a few years after he ran that car in the IMSA ProFormance Sedan series.  That car is now owned by somebody on this forum, and is in Florida still.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/29/23 1:19 p.m.

Maybe my perception is altered from primarily watching F1, but does it seem to anyone else that they're fairly loose about throwing tow trucks, medical cars, and other equipment on to the track?

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/29/23 1:36 p.m.

It looks like the road coarse part of the track sure took a beating from all of the rain last summer. I wonder how a Nascar unrestricted road course car could do on the Rolex track?

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/29/23 1:46 p.m.

that LMP2 finish was amazing.  After over 24 hours (since the winner finished already), to win by 0.016 seconds passing at the very last moment in extra time was awesome.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
1/29/23 1:54 p.m.

Glad to see Colin Braun get a Rolex.  Early on in his career, he was blisteringly fast, but made a lot of poor decisions in his racecraft.  His time as a Kia factory driver in Pirelli World Challenge was cut short because of it.  He also had a crash while leading in class at the 24 a few years ago, with minutes to go to the finish.  The last five or six years, he seems to have worked hard to perfect his racecraft, and it's paid off for him.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
1/29/23 2:50 p.m.

I like this Porsche 963 commercial and didn't mind NBC showing it at every break.

Aaron_King
1/30/23 10:28 a.m.

In reply to j_tso :

Porsche's PR team really does earn their money.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aDHAeLYld2VgnfBroPJrPbtaJ0xcJOUrYKPDu4JbkwXOSVX4y815JIpqlTD0E0YV