1 2 3
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/22/11 10:42 a.m.

How about this Montecarlo/Scorpion?

The Abarth 037 in road guise:

Which in turn gave is this.. the last rear wheel drive car to win the WRC.. against the Audi Quattro no less.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
8/22/11 10:45 a.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
mad_machine wrote: Next you are going to say the the only 60s and 70s British car worth more than scrap is a Jag
One Jag... I believe in the late 70s Jag released a 2 door - XJ6C - that is a nice car, but alas it uses Lucas electrics... as did TVR, I had a 69 Vixen S2 powered by the 1.6 Ford, it is a nice little car... handled phenomenally

Wow. The winner for the stupidest thing I have read on this forum for a long time.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
8/22/11 6:54 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
oldeskewltoy wrote:
mad_machine wrote: Next you are going to say the the only 60s and 70s British car worth more than scrap is a Jag
One Jag... I believe in the late 70s Jag released a 2 door - XJ6C - that is a nice car, but alas it uses Lucas electrics... as did TVR, I had a 69 Vixen S2 powered by the 1.6 Ford, it is a nice little car... handled phenomenally
Wow. The winner for the stupidest thing I have read on this forum for a long time.

Do tell.....? What was stupid?? Jag released a 2 door XJ6? I owned a TVR Vixen? The TVR handled well? Both use Lucas electricals?

I'm sorry if an inane drone such as yourself finds something I said to be stupid... but maybe if I knew what you thought was stupid, I could correct you

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
8/22/11 8:20 p.m.

In reply to oldeskewltoy:

That you only think only one British car out of all the cars produced in the '60s and '70s. So basically you are saying the Jaguar E-Type, the MkII, all the Triumphs and MGs are crap. I am sorry that some of us like cars with a little more passion then econoboxes. And it makes me an inane drone because I like old cars?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
8/22/11 11:10 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to oldeskewltoy: That you only think only one British car out of all the cars produced in the '60s and '70s. So basically you are saying the Jaguar E-Type, the MkII, all the Triumphs and MGs are crap. I am sorry that some of us like cars with a little more passion then econoboxes. And it makes me an inane drone because I like old cars?

They all rust... some severly, ALL of them have crappy wiring and electrics. Most have crappy underpowered engines

I wrenched on these cars when they were NEW (worked a BL and Datsun dealer in the mid 70s (C&M motors I believe the name was... in Denville if memory serves me) The quality of BL was total crap, the wiring was crap, not only was the wiring crap, but as a tech you got 2+ hours to prep a BL car (all of them) because they wanted you to go over and torque every major fastener on the car because of shoddy build quality.

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
8/23/11 10:17 a.m.

Ferraris and Lamborghinis and Maseratis all have crap wiring and rust to hell and were built by drunken louts between 6-month vacations, but they aren't crap. They've got problems, but they're amazing machines.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
8/23/11 11:10 a.m.
dculberson wrote: Ferraris and Lamborghinis and Maseratis all have crap wiring and rust to hell and were built by drunken louts between 6-month vacations, but they aren't crap. They've got problems, but they're amazing machines.

Exactly and everytime I get in a British car I get a little excited.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
8/23/11 11:46 a.m.

crap... had a whole well written discussion typed and the puter decided to go back all of a sudden and I lost it all.

Find a life everyone.... is it that "F"ing important????

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
8/23/11 12:11 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: crap... had a whole well written discussion typed and the puter decided to go back all of a sudden and I lost it all. Find a life everyone.... is it that "F"ing important????

To me, yes it is. I love my British cars

pres589
pres589 Dork
8/23/11 2:41 p.m.

Get up get get get down, Brit car build quality is a joke in your town.

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
8/23/11 3:02 p.m.

Oldskewl, Seems to me it's just as important to you for some reason. Some people like different stuff, if it's not your cup of tea there's no reason to run it down.

Raze
Raze Dork
8/23/11 4:58 p.m.

Don't tell anyone 60-80s euro anything are cool or sweet, keep telling them they suck, rust, and have electrical gremlins (to keep the prices reasonable for us who know better)

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/23/11 5:43 p.m.

agreed.. old euro cars are trash... eurotrash

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
8/23/11 8:06 p.m.

Did someone say euro trash? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Vun2LYnoY&ob=av3e

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YKDA7OrRbl6ZZ02zEg0bsEoRHCgcpQMfNc9R0u11g84BZqXTxuTxFt4sN3xGjvNM