_
_ Dork
2/25/20 11:40 a.m.

So learn me. These guys seem to have some of the best prices on the Internet for almost anything. I've never ordered from them though, so has anybody else? And what was your experience like?

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/25/20 11:50 a.m.

I ordered a set of STR shocks from them in 2017 for my TL.

Didn't find out that one of the rears (?) was out of stock, country-wide until they charged me and shipped the other three.  They came in two separate packages, with not enough padding, and the plastic band intended to keep the shock compressed on one of them slipped off and the shaft was poking through the 'koni' box (but not the shipping box) on arrival.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/20 12:23 p.m.

I use them for commodity truck stuff. No complaints.

_
_ Dork
2/25/20 12:33 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Thanks. This is good to know. I'm specifically looking at STR shocks. they have them at $84 each, free shipping. The next cheapest I've found was Goodwin racing at $94 a shock, free shipping. It makes you wonder how they can offer them so much lower than everyone else. Amazon doesn't even carry these for an NC. And eBay is right at Goodwin prices. 

Keith Tanner
2/25/20 1:08 p.m.

Koni is pretty protective of their MAP to protect their dealers, but sometimes a supplier will "back door" them and do a runaround from a distributor. That's why you see a couple of vendors undercutting everyone else - if Koni figures out that supply chain, it'll get cut off.

Auto Anything may never actually have stock of the shocks, they might just be drop-shipping from someone else's warehouse. That's why they're not aware of inventory until they go to "ship" them.

_
_ Dork
2/25/20 1:11 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

So a call to them might be a better route to avoid what happened to Mr. Sleepy buffalo. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/20 1:30 p.m.

Many are simply drop-shipping from the manufacturer or a similar warehouse.  So they don't always have control over or up to date information on the available product.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/25/20 7:06 p.m.

I have bought a few things from Autoanything. It used to be that they would have a 20% off coupon around Black Friday, Father's Day, etc. I would wait and use the discount codes for large items such as bumpers for my Wrangler or a tonneau cover for my truck.

Keith Tanner
2/25/20 7:15 p.m.

There's 15% available pretty much anytime from them. 

_
_ Dork
2/25/20 7:43 p.m.

I got a 20% off just for showing up. Makes all the shocks 279$ with free shipping. Can't resist that. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gCV4MYYOqOsJ8qMuqUpjYQPo8Kka9QA67WPuMTbdeFb1erd6gjKYYFiaMLX2uh6I