1 2
TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
1/27/17 10:12 p.m.

zzperformance and intense-racing are two great places for aftermarket items

3800performance and SLP also

I'd do it. I've considered the GTP, Regal GS, or RIV supercharged platform before for a challenge car.

I'd really like a nice clean SSEi as a daily driver (96-99) with 10 power seats

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/31/17 9:54 a.m.
TIGMOTORSPORTS wrote: zzperformance and intense-racing are two great places for aftermarket items 3800performance and SLP also I'd do it. I've considered the GTP, Regal GS, or RIV supercharged platform before for a challenge car. I'd really like a nice clean SSEi as a daily driver (96-99) with 10 power seats

It actually looks like I'll be getting an SSEi shortly- the seller is waiting to get the title back, but it should be mine and not take much to get up to drivable. Planning on doing what I'd planned with the Riv and using it as a test-bed for the mods to the engine that can be transferred over to the DMC's L67 and hopefully bringing it to the Challenge. Likely going to go for a stealth/sleeper build with it.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/31/17 9:58 a.m.

Does this mean the Patr-idiot will be going away?

Ashyukun
1/31/17 12:12 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Does this mean the Patr-idiot will be going away?

I haven't decided yet. Assuming the title comes in fairly soon and I get the Bonneville up here and fixed it will mean I can finally do all the front-end work on the Patriot without having to ride the scooter in the snow and cold. How well the Pat does after that work will help determine whether I keep it around or look to try and sell it. I'd prefer driving the Bonneville personally- I'm not the biggest fan of SUVs and prefer cars, but SWMBO likes having the second SUV as a backup for her (even if I won't currently let her drive it because of the 'tries to veer off the road randomly' problem). We'll see. If I could sell if for what I have in it or make a bit of a profit it would be enough to turn around and try and find a decent-priced convertible for us to drive over the summer.

Plus even in stock form the Bonneville's L67 has about 1/3 more horsepower than the Patriot's I4 World Engine and solidly more torque as well- it will be a far more fun car to drive. And I don't expect to keep it in stock form for long...

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/10/17 12:40 p.m.

So, who is looking for a supercharged Riviera? My brother-in-law's recent death has left my sister with his 1995 supercharged Riviera to sell, in Crystal River, Florida. I will post something on the $2017 classifieds. He also left a 1983 S-10 and a Honda Goldwing trike that must go.

Ashyukun
3/10/17 6:53 p.m.

So I'm looking at potentially getting a different Riviera- a white '98 with about 160k ok it. Supposedly runs and drives well but the woman who owns it got a newer car. I'd like to get it for less but it looks like she's pretty firm on the $1k price. Only problem they said was that the rear shocks need to be replaced (didn't these have some kind of adjustable suspension, or was that the Bonnevilles?) and the steering column is 'loose' whatever that means.

Giving serious thought to trying to go up and get it tomorrow, though I have no idea how to get it back unless I can somehow simultaneously sell the Patriot while I'm up there.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
3/10/17 7:35 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

My 95 riv had coil springs with automatic air shock for when you had weight in the back. They would get crusty and leak, then the pump wants to run alot. It does shut off automatically after x amount of time. I got tired of hearing it so i unplugged the compressor. The suspension functioned fine with out it. As i said it rode on coils, so unless you have two full grown adults in the back and a trunk load of mulch you wont know its missing.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
3/10/17 7:36 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

No idea what loose steering column would mean.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
3/10/17 9:38 p.m.

Is it anywhere near me? If so, we can try to figure a way to get two cars back south, if you can get me back home.

As for the loose column, I have no idea if it's like a lot of old adjustable RWD GM columns, but in them, there's a couple of screws that loosen up, and the tilt portion of the column gets floppy. It takes a bit of disassembly, and a custom tool (that I should have), but usually doesn't require any parts to fix.

wae
wae Dork
3/10/17 10:37 p.m.

you come to my house, we take one car to meet up, each drive a car down, and then take a car back to my place? Sunday's bad for me, and I'd have to be back home by 1600 on Saturday.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Reader
3/11/17 3:13 p.m.

SSEi's are fun. Stick to the Pre '00's they're lighter an not ugly.

The Spaceship-Rivieras look great from almost every angle. They share a platform with the Aurora. And there was this:

I've always wanted to give that treatment to a Riv.

And if you want an L67 in a convertable and don't want to pay Reatta prices...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H4LWSpv7eiuKp6El4Hy37QzrGDIpq7pvjhRIzIWH7aB38daAIYpllMXRQH9Yje5T