1 2
P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/3/09 1:31 p.m.

Yeah, I'll look into the Seattle stuff. If nothing else, we HAVE an off-road park IN Longview. Maybe they'd be interested in hosting a rallycross?

4Msfam
4Msfam New Reader
9/3/09 4:13 p.m.

Seattle rallycross? Heck, I've been looking.. maybe in wrong places? If there is, I'll bring my "beast".. '94 Dodge 1 ton van... that'll be interesting!

But honestly, does anyone have a link? I'd love to watch the Duster run!

4Msfam
4Msfam New Reader
9/4/09 1:40 a.m.

I was going to post about finding the Pacific region Rallycross group - but I see I skipped the info in an above post. Looks like the last event is 9/25 till March. Bummer, I'd like a closer run group to me.. it's what, 300+ miles from Seattle?

http://www.pacificrallygroup.com/calendar___results

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/4/09 8:45 a.m.

Hmmm... I may skip the October autocross for the rallycross and school. That could be fun!

trab
trab
10/10/09 1:46 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: GA is pretty lacking in rallycross. Up here in the Atlanta region, I am going to try to start a rallycross program within the next 2 years or so...keep a look out.

You dont know of anything nearby athens, or atlanta? Would be awsome to have something around here, there seems to be a decent amount of interest if somebody just had some land.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/10/09 3:23 p.m.

That is one of the difficult parts! If you want to help me out in the search for land, I would appreciate it. Fairgrounds are a good place to start as horse tracks tend to be great places for rallycross.

or if anyone knows someone in the Atlanta area with alot of land they want torn up, give me a PM!

trab
trab New Reader
10/10/09 6:08 p.m.

In reply to maroon92:

Are you trying to buy the land, or just use it?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/10/09 6:27 p.m.

use...its not profitable to purchase the land...

plus a season is no fun if you only use one venue.

trab
trab New Reader
10/11/09 8:38 a.m.

In reply to maroon92:

Yeah, id be happy with just one good place to practice... Ill keep an eye out though for sure.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer New Reader
10/11/09 10:22 a.m.

Rally-X reminds me of when I lived up in Chi. We used to go up to WI in the winter and run the ice gymkanas (think I spelled that wrong). Great fun and if it had snowed you couldn't see the next turn coming up. A friend of mine stuffed his Renault R16 so far into a snowbank they had to drag it out with a tow vehicle. Great fun though.

mvt
mvt None
3/3/10 3:13 p.m.

I know this is a older post, but had some 'fresh' info on RallyX events in/near Georgia.

Dixie Region SCCA out of Tallahassee, FL just held their first RallyX event this past weekend in Valdosta, GA. Just a short drive down I-75 from the Atlanta area.

Birmingham Region SCCA had been holding events outside Steele, AL, just off I-59 southeast of Gadsden, AL.

They are to hold a RallyX and RallyX school this weekend (6-7 Mar) near Harpersville, AL, which is southeast of Birmingham. Pretty close to Columbus, just head north on Hwy-280 for about 115 miles.

Tennessee Valley Region SCCA out of Huntsville, AL hold their RallyX events near Madison, just west of Huntsville off I-569.

I don't think the Chattanooga Region SCCA has a RallyX program going this year. At least I haven't heard anything mentioned about a schedule or anything.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pgQG0fQpTbLToCso1rKFwHhSvGwGtQnHi6q0nIrg9yQqZBcBlc197wtKA72GVyYo