1 2 3
Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/21 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

I had no issues with my tracks at all. The seats were solid in their tracks and didn't rock at all. My problem was the seatback (see the video), which would flop forward and back under braking and acceleration. The adjuster for the seat recline was in perfect shape and everything appeared to function as GM intended.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/24/21 4:58 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Opti :

I had no issues with my tracks at all. The seats were solid in their tracks and didn't rock at all. My problem was the seatback (see the video), which would flop forward and back under braking and acceleration. The adjuster for the seat recline was in perfect shape and everything appeared to function as GM intended.

Friend of mine had that problem with his Z-06 too. Well, he didn't, but his codrivers all did - 3 of them in a row. 

Opti
Opti Dork
5/24/21 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

I watched the video and I dont recall ever experiencing that.  Apparently its supposed to be like that so you can reach the latch at the top, but I cant recall mine ever doing anything like that.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/24/21 5:58 p.m.

FWIW: I've watched a couple of your videos. I found them entertaining enough to watch the whole way through. The lack of available tires and having to buy a new set of wheels would turn me off. I'm glad you brought it up because its not something I would have thought to check on any car before. 

Opti
Opti Dork
5/25/21 8:05 a.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

I talked to a lady that had just purchased a V6 5th gen camaro. She said it was her dream car. The car had the 21" wheel option. She asked us to do a PPI, i hadnt see the 21" option before so out of curiosity I checked replacement costs. The only available option was a Pirelli. Replacement was about 5000 dollars. She took the car back that day.

Ever since Ive checked tire availability and replacement cost of a car Im buying

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/26/21 3:32 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

That's pretty insane.  I imagine this too shall pass, but I'm not sure I'd even want 21" tires or even 20" tires.   A little sidewall is nice for city roads, potholes and ride quality. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0R6sAc7WR5FCMTaLjqmKl4ceu2LaaAWC9aea8ABBy8mBEAdl4vxH0JsT5LyDPeP3