1 2
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/22/21 4:06 p.m.

It feels like done of these car manufacturers (Cadillac) are bring out awesome performance today.  Like before we go to all electric.    LOL.  

I am the only one in the world that likes it's looks. 

I am also the only one in the world that has zero aspiration to own one. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/22/21 6:03 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

That almost sounds like you're implying that all electric won't have awesome performance. It most absolutely will, it just won't be engaging in the same sort of way, after you adjust though you can focus on maximizing speed potential even more

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
2/22/21 6:24 p.m.

The IS-F made all the right noises. Glad to see that this has no battery assist or hybrid technology. Just a big honking V8 under the hood!

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/21 6:38 p.m.
84FSP said:

The 7 spd dual wet clutch may prevent me from pining for a manual.  Bet it makes good noises.

Did I miss where that was mentioned? I saw 8 speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission which sounds a lot like everyone's 8-10 speed torque converter auto.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/21 8:30 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Apples and potatoes, but Honda has a 9 speed twin clutch trans (via Getrag) in some of their models.

Living in the future is weird.  V8 Lexuses and Hondas with engine choices of a turbo four or a larger turbo four.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
2/22/21 8:34 p.m.

I thought the auto in the IS F was fantastic. If this is as good, I think this trans will do nicely.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/22/21 9:43 p.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:
84FSP said:

The 7 spd dual wet clutch may prevent me from pining for a manual.  Bet it makes good noises.

Did I miss where that was mentioned? I saw 8 speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission which sounds a lot like everyone's 8-10 speed torque converter auto.

its likely the 8 speed that came out from the original ISF that everyone raves about and is behind all the F or 5 liter v8 models

Caprigrip
Caprigrip New Reader
2/22/21 11:57 p.m.

I hate that tacked on screen. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
2/23/21 12:06 a.m.

The Aisin AA80E 8 Speed Sport Direct Shift transmission w/lockup torque converter is the same in the IS F, RC F, GS F and the LS Sport (2010-2012)/LS F SPORT (2013-2017).

It's safe to say it will use the AA80E or if it does use an AA81E, it will be upgraded to the same torque-handling capabilities as the RC F.

350z247
350z247 Reader
2/23/21 10:20 a.m.

Sorry to all the 1JZ and 2JZ fan bois, but the 5.0 2UR-GSE is the best engine Toyota/Lexus has ever made (short of the unobtanium LFA V10). It's not pretty or simple, but it makes a beautiful noises and revs so smoothly. It's basically the Japanese Coyote.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vwHpWECgePFc3We9znW7IdlIClsNIfZ7aoReVKZBq4D5KwuqlrNRdRIFRmG9A2ce