1 2
codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/5/22 6:10 p.m.
m4ff3w said:

But have we determined a V8 (or even V10 - oops) AWD production car that is lighter?

Gallardo?  That's the Lambo that shares a platform with the R8 and had an Audi V8.  Google seems to say they start at 29xx

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/5/22 6:20 p.m.
codrus (Forum Supporter) said:
m4ff3w said:

But have we determined a V8 (or even V10 - oops) AWD production car that is lighter?

Gallardo?  That's the Lambo that shares a platform with the R8 and had an Audi V8.  Google seems to say they start at 29xx

Gallardo had V10 too

I forgot my Lamborghinis.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/22 6:23 p.m.

How heavy was a 304 engined CJ5? smiley

SSATB
SSATB New Reader
4/7/22 3:12 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Haha. No Keith, he's in Brisbane--which is where I live. I'm just visiting my old man in Maryland.

I just had a deja vu. I believe I posted somewhere I only go to the track when its raining as my MX5 was prepped specifically for wet track days--TIRES, flipped LSD drive plates, revalved dampers with more compression and mechanical grip, selective chassis bracing = ultra-predictable at the limit with virtually zero understeer. I had a significant advantage against faster cars. I got blasted by others on the forum but Keith came to the rescue and said don't take being prepared lightly.

Been saving to do the same to my NC now in Australia and go to the track here only when it rains. I've been staying up at night trying to decide what to do for more power. The track here isn't as short and tight so I'll need more power. I definitely don't want turbo. I'd like to do this right and keep this car for a long time. My options are:

-Corten-Miller
-BBR C30-94 Stage 2
-Currently speaking with Rocketeer who're working on a kit for the NC gen
3.0L Duretec V6 out of the S-Type Jag (forged crank, DAMB tappets rev-happy, great top-end).

SSATB
SSATB New Reader
4/7/22 3:18 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

broken heart I feel your pain. How long did you keep it?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/22 7:59 p.m.

This thread made me look up the Passat W8, which should be fairly light given that it is a B5 chassis.

Jeez what a porker! Nearly 4000lb.  That is close to the weight of an A8!

SSATB
SSATB New Reader
4/8/22 3:53 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yeah really. Gorgeous soundtrack though. VW/Audi make some spectacular engines.

SSATB
SSATB New Reader
4/8/22 4:07 p.m.
m4ff3w said:

The only reason I referenced the B7 RS4 and asked about a lightweight version of it is because of the powerband the engine has. Significant amount of it's peak torque available by 3,000 RPM, great top end and an 8,000 RPM redline! This sort of an engine, with it's amazing AWD system and lack of understeer compared to other Audis, in a car weighing 2800lbs would be an incredible street weapon, especially in a practical 4-seater configuration with sizable storage.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F0ZAE05BiGnbCc79UPyvFC3uHBdEN0DmtapHmcSXIJwNDugPBNoJ6wfQ5J4pmQAV