1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/6/22 10:38 a.m.

For those following along at home, Super K is sitting at 2nd overall for results as of yesterday. 

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/6/22 10:39 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

And the spinning Porsche is now recovered and ready to go out. 

Is #66, Cayman S 'Mid-Engine Crisis' still in it? I see they were DNS yesterday. They had a slide into the tire wall at Hallett, but got it put back together enough it looked like they were okay.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/6/22 10:39 a.m.

They're here, but I don't think they are competing. Pretty cool they patched it up for the transit, though. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/6/22 11:01 a.m.

Screen shot of the live feed.  #66 is going out but placed at the end of the grid (behind Sundae Cup'ers)

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/22 11:03 a.m.

Where are yall getting the info?  The oloa website is only showing me 2019 results.  Maybe it's just a Mobil issue.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/6/22 11:08 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Try this link for 2022 Results

Be sure to turn your handset sideways if looking on your phone

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/6/22 11:09 a.m.

They have a headlight on #66

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/6/22 11:18 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Awesome! waiting for the closed 'live video' to re-post so I can review.

Got it at 1:41:50 and running with the Sundaes at about 2:00:00   https://www.facebook.com/OneLapOfAmerica/videos/1261078560966818

Nice on the road repair. Left radiator frame was cracked, but radiator was good. There were some concerns about the tire rubbing in a full turn.

Tom Suddard
5/6/22 11:22 a.m.

Lunch time!

Tom Suddard
5/6/22 11:43 a.m.

Who's a good boy?! You're a good boy!!

Tom Suddard
5/6/22 11:44 a.m.

The rain has moved back in; this could get interesting. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/6/22 12:24 p.m.

Track is wetter than this morning, but the active rain seems stopped as cars grid to go out in 5 minutes. Sundae Cup cars got to drive in the hardest rain. So lucky. 

Tom Suddard
5/6/22 12:26 p.m.

Track goes hot in five minutes. TomO and SuperK are real close, so they'll be fighting hard for fastest time. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
5/6/22 12:46 p.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Cool that they're involved and have a set up book etc.  Kinda uncool that they're acting like this is a professional series and being so crazy about it that they asked Tom to delete a picture.  Competitive edge, for an event that just doesn't really matter other than a plaque and some bragging rights....

True but engineers aren't always extroverts or people persons. I do love HART and how they'll tell you exactly everything they are running on a car. 

mazdeuce - Seth
5/6/22 12:53 p.m.

In my experience on One Lap the Toyota guys are also a completely open book on what they've done and tried and what has and hasn't worked. I like talking to them quite a lot. 

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 HalfDork
5/6/22 12:57 p.m.

After the morning session SuperK and Tomo are 55 points apart. You gain 5 points for every car you beat and this is the last track session of OLOA.....but, last year SuperK gained 105 points over the ZR1 during the final event of OLOA during the dry skidpad. I don't know anything about how last years Skidpad went, perhaps Tomo treated it as a drifty tire smoking victory lap but you've gotta think both teams have those results from last year in the back of their mind as they're heading out for this session.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/6/22 1:00 p.m.

Putnam Park AM times have been posted.  

TomO kept his lead and 5 point over SuperK who came in 2nd in that running

Randy Probst danced that SUV in the rain up to a 4th place for just that 3 laps

Big showing from Golf R with 6th and Acura TLX with 7th also in those 3 laps

mazdeuce - Seth
5/6/22 1:03 p.m.

Super K had a minor off during the afternoon. It will be interesting to see how that 10ish seconds affects things. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/6/22 1:15 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Track is wetter than this morning, but the active rain seems stopped as cars grid to go out in 5 minutes. Sundae Cup cars got to drive in the hardest rain because real race cars crush it in the rain.  So lucky. 

FTFY. 

dps214
dps214 Dork
5/6/22 1:16 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Big showing from Golf R with 6th and Acura TLX with 7th also in those 3 laps

Those two finished fourth and fifth (in the opposite order) in the wet heartland park morning session.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/6/22 1:20 p.m.

In reply to dps214 :

That Acura has Clifton Ching as a driver.  When I started autox'ing in Toledo, OH in 1994 (in my '90 Miata), he was a hot shoe in a CRX SI.  Now he works (and drives) for HART.  

https://hondanews.com/en-US/releases/acura-tlx-type-s-to-compete-in-iconic-one-lap-of-america-road-rally

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 HalfDork
5/6/22 1:29 p.m.

Looks like the off for SuperK was fairly costly, they're sitting 7th in the afternoon results thus far. edit: conditions must be drying, slipped down to 20th now

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/22 1:44 p.m.

My buddy is in one of the golf r..  Schaut speed.

I believe they put it in the top 10 a few times this week.

mazdeuce - Seth
5/6/22 2:37 p.m.

Ben Schaut is a great driver and he and his dad seemed to like the Golf. Fun connection, he lived in the same college house as my wife (cross country house) when I met her. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/6/22 4:00 p.m.

Big shake up in PM Session

1st:TomO 

2nd: Golf R

3rd: Randy Probst suv

6th Acura

7th HHR

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners