1 2
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/21/23 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

3rd and 4th.  But out of 4 cars in class.  And 4th was under threat by LMP2. 

I'm not sure why IMSA has the manufacturing number rule and the FIA does not- the FIA are the ones usually wanting some security in the teams.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
3/21/23 3:27 p.m.
alfadriver said:
jmabarone said:
DirtyBird222 said:

That seems like a very pointed rule to keep the boutique manufacturers out. I could see a homologation rule for GT cars but for prototypes, its lame. Especially when the hybrid system is a spec system to you know...keep costs down. Seems like someone was in an echo chamber when they came up with some of these rules. 

It's almost like the manufacturers have lobbied to ensure it is only their playing field.  Keep those little guys out of there.  

At the same time, will the name Glickenhaus bring any fans?  Does anyone know who they are? They are smaller than even most boutique makers.  

Then again, with their performance, it's not really a threat to do anything.  

I won't disagree with that statement; however, as Aaron_King stated, some fans enjoy cheering on the underdog. See Panoz v. the world in the late 90s/early 2000s. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
3/21/23 4:17 p.m.

Don Panoz owned the series at the time, so...

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
3/21/23 4:31 p.m.
racerfink said:

Don Panoz owned the series at the time, so...

Don owned the ACO? The point in my previous post, in case you missed it, was that some fans enjoy cheering on an underdog. Something the Panoz squad was against the likes of Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan, Porsche, and Audi in the GT1 and LMP900 days, despite the fact that he owned the ALMS and ELMS. 

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
3/22/23 2:37 a.m.
j_tso said:

In reply to Aaron_King :

Yeah, I would think a podium finish at Le Mans would attract more sponsors, but maybe it's the current financial environment.

SCG has a new GT3 car, maybe they see more money there and are diverting resources.

That's their Nurburgring 24 hour race car as they done in previous years. It's basically a gt3 prototype and the only place they can race it as they don't make any street cars of it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vypNhBTaG1pBrfphHldZeTb3pXafS1YlEvBWuo8W3wtxtIEH0CXmwzFxXPMZfmZu