Robert Bowen
Robert Bowen Editor
4/26/22 12:37 p.m.

American sports car buyers often have been out of luck when it comes to getting the best hardware. For years, we have only been able to gaze longingly at photographs of sports cars unavailable to buyers on this side of the Atlantic. United States product planners have historically passed over the cool, midpriced cars—including various Italian, British and Japanese models—when …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
4/26/22 12:48 p.m.

If I had the space and the means for a track toy, I'd immediately go and buy an Elise–though I bet an Exige is an absolute riot.

GeddesB
GeddesB GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/26/22 4:31 p.m.

In the last year prices have been through the roof.  Absolutely fun car to drive, little else compares. 

trakktapedude
trakktapedude New Reader
6/21/22 3:32 p.m.

I have owned my 2006 Elise since 2007. It is my daily driver, but I have tracked it since the moment I bought it. I now have well over 50,000 miles on it and have no intentions of selling it. There is simply nothing like it.

On the street, you should consider it the world's safest, most comfortable motorcycle and you will not be disappointed. It is always talking to you, just like a motorcycle. I have had a number of very special cars over the years, including a Ferrari 275 GTB/4 many years ago, but the Elise is still very, very special.  If the Ferrari Dino drove like an Elise, they would be many millions of dollars now, if you could find one for sale. 

On track, they are giant killers of the first order. I have run many times at Willow Springs and can routinely run with GT3 Porsches, Vipers, Z06 Corvettes, etc., driven by good drivers. I am often asked if my car is supercharged and just say "Nah, that would be cheating!".

In my opinion, every gearhead should drive a GOOD Ferrari at least once in his life and the same goes for an Elise/Exige.  Oh, by the way, I will be 76 in November, so lots of cool cars in my past. This is one of the best. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z6JHpGQKjN4SuxA5pXdaJo3rw8qXJQPY4RdlfrA0F9yYeQpcYF5l2ACbHurLtgkA