1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
5/21/14 10:22 a.m.

This would be TASTY!

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/small-passenger/mazda/3/mazda3-mps-rumoured-for-2016-43620

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
5/21/14 10:28 a.m.

All wheel drive, too? Yes, please.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/21/14 10:42 a.m.

So, they are finally making a WRX? Good.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
5/21/14 10:57 a.m.

I'm really interested in these if they are AWD and have that much power. Not saying I'd trade the Mustang...but...uh....

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
5/21/14 11:11 a.m.

If they build it, and it gets decent MPG's (AKA better than my current car) I'm going to have a hard time not buying one.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
5/21/14 1:11 p.m.

Well, Mazda is also in need of a flagship car after the demise of the RX8. Perhaps this will be it? It will be a performance 4 seat car with power to the rear wheels.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/21/14 2:59 p.m.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a Speed3 was available in other markets but not in the USA.

GlennS
GlennS Dork
5/21/14 5:34 p.m.

With the Evo going away it would be nice for the WRX/STI to have some new competition.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
5/21/14 6:30 p.m.

It's about bloody time Mazda puts out a car like that! That would be awesome!

Even more awesome would be that motor/drivetrain in the new Miata.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/21/14 7:08 p.m.

i would prefer a speed2 over a new speed3

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
5/21/14 7:28 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a Speed3 was available in other markets but not in the USA.

Has Mazda denied us anything particularly awesome in the last few decades?

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
5/21/14 7:36 p.m.

My biggest worry is the fact it might very easily be out priced of the target market (ie MS6, FD's)

Otherwise I love it!

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
5/21/14 8:19 p.m.
JtspellS wrote: My biggest worry is the fact it might very easily be out priced of the target market (ie MS6, FD's) Otherwise I love it!

That's what I was thinking too.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
5/22/14 7:53 a.m.
nepa03focus wrote:
JtspellS wrote: My biggest worry is the fact it might very easily be out priced of the target market (ie MS6, FD's) Otherwise I love it!
That's what I was thinking too.

I doubt it.

When I bought my Speed 3 in June 2010 I paid something like $21,400 OTD. I can't imagine adding AWD is going to tack on $10k to the price of the car.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
5/22/14 8:34 a.m.

We can dream...

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
5/22/14 9:28 a.m.

I don't see them going with AWD, but regardless I am anxiously awaiting a new MS3.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/22/14 11:31 a.m.

I only see them going AWD if they come out with a MS2 which remains FWD. The CX series already has the underpinnings for an AWD MS3 in place, so since the R&D cost is offset by raiding the existing parts bin I don't see it being a $35k sticker price either.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/22/14 12:58 p.m.

With Ford offering both the Fiesta and Focus ST, there's nothing wrong with both a Speed2 and a Speed3.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
5/22/14 1:09 p.m.

I know it's never going to happen, but how cool would it be if they made a Mazdaspeed 3 with a Diesel option with that fancy new SkyActiv Diesel motor they have been racing with lately? That would be really cool, and awesome for those who want to get something fun but need something that is fuel efficient.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/14 1:55 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote: It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a Speed3 was available in other markets but not in the USA.
Has Mazda denied us anything particularly awesome in the last few decades?

SkyActiv-D, manual transmissions on anything but the base models (available in white, black, or grey only), the last two generations of Mazda6 wagon, 3-door Mazda2, shall I go on?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/22/14 2:44 p.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

this i would absolutely get behind, of course getting this mythical diesel in anything right now owuld be a step in the right direction. I'm beginning to think that Mazda and Honda are working together and this skyactiv diesel is going to power the NSX replacement...

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/22/14 2:55 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: I doubt it. When I bought my Speed 3 in June 2010 I paid something like $21,400 OTD. I can't imagine adding AWD is going to tack on $10k to the price of the car.

Quick question, how much under MSRP did you get yours for? Around here, MS3/6 were heavily discounted to move them(because they just sat on the lots)

Any new MS3 will be the same way.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
5/22/14 2:58 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
z31maniac wrote: I doubt it. When I bought my Speed 3 in June 2010 I paid something like $21,400 OTD. I can't imagine adding AWD is going to tack on $10k to the price of the car.
Quick question, how much under MSRP did you get yours for? Around here, MS3/6 were heavily discounted to move them(because they just sat on the lots) Any new MS3 will be the same way.

Not sure to be honest, I might have even paid a little less than that. But that was 4 years ago and I've drank and slept a lot since then.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
5/22/14 3:18 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote: It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a Speed3 was available in other markets but not in the USA.
Has Mazda denied us anything particularly awesome in the last few decades?
SkyActiv-D, manual transmissions on anything but the base models (available in white, black, or grey only), the last two generations of Mazda6 wagon, 3-door Mazda2, shall I go on?

HE said awesome
ducks and runs for cover

If it's AWD I'll eat my hat and pay each of you one hundred internet cookies

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
5/23/14 3:37 a.m.

I really want to see a Familia GTR successor. I have doubts on these AWD rumors. There are always AWD rumors for non-wrx turbo cars that never come into reality.

The new Mazda 3 looks great though.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
IHYkHYNO1SWfigvchuwtxmSkVGS3ZtXnMnpLbIs1xGRxBhGqcyIfaXA27LnP40bU