"I remember my first introduction to road racing and autocross, back in ’96 or ’97,” recalls Adam Jabaay. “I was with my parents on a family vacation when I spotted an issue of Grassroots Motorsports magazine in the Mall of America. The cars and culture captured on those pages fascinated me. It was love at first page turn.”

Adam, now 38, …

Read the rest of the story

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/9/22 1:57 p.m.

Adam is the best of us as grassroots racers and enthusiasts and I love his civic.

Adam inspires all of us who volunteer with Gridlife to do more, not because he asks you to.. but because he's always doing so much and pulling all the weight.. you realize it's on you to step up to meet the high bar he sets... and that work ethic of never stopping and always improving, and never forgetting to smile and enjoy the experience.... is on full display with his Civic.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/9/22 10:23 p.m.

It's such a cool ride! Just a E36 M3 ton of development time and endless tinkering, tweaking and improving.

Picking up a copy of GRM and seeing the 075 CRX was what got me started down the challenge path.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/22 9:17 a.m.

I want a track rat Civic now. Of course, I wanted one yesterday too. And will again tomorrow. 

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones Dork
2/10/22 9:25 a.m.

Yep, I had his honda crx that I killed at the kink at road america.  I felt worse for him as everyone recognized the car always sent updates years after he sold it.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/10/22 9:55 a.m.

That looks like a fantastic little car!

I want air jacks on my Jetta...  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8Aci8LNihmOij5D4QRwp8WXVQ1cSvTrcMUKzSwiqoDohKk5wNIjhhbTOBkcTOlg4