1 2 3
obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/6/22 10:50 a.m.

In reply to YoursTruly :

Thanks for following up with your results. Too often threads like this just trail off without any conclusions.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
7/6/22 11:22 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Morgan flexibility is completely irrelevant to this due to the suspension design. You cannot compare a live axle with sliding pillars to 4 wheel wishbone geometry in any manner at all.

This statement remains true, but I should have looked at the date on the post I was replying toblush

YoursTruly
YoursTruly New Reader
7/6/22 11:44 a.m.

In reply to obsolete :

I intend to follow up again with my results on track in a couple weeks. If nothing else, this can help me learn and defend my setup decisions with testing.

YoursTruly
YoursTruly New Reader
7/26/22 11:23 a.m.

So, I have some good news:

I took First in TT5 over the weekend and turned a new personal best time (dropped a full second, in worse conditions). The car felt more planted than it ever had before. 

As previously posted, I ran with these changes:

• 1/16" rear toe-in (-3*/-2.5* camber F/R, no front toe, 4* caster)
  • rear wing at -5* instead of -3*
  • stock rear bar connected
  • Racing Beat 1.125" front bar  - soft setting
  • 75% stiffness on the dampers
  • factory NB2 strut bar

Reflections:

• Rear toe-in is a great idea, I could comfortably rotate the car with the brake pedal at lower speeds, but transitions through chicanes were confidence inspiring
  • The strut bar noticeably improved the way the car felt on the curbs and I heard less creaking from the hardtop when on uneven surfaces
  • I won't be running the front sway full stiff anymore. I did not notice any increased body roll, lack of response, or different tire wear.
  • Steeper rear wing was fantastic. It allowed so much more aggression in braking zones at the end of straightaways 
  • I will be investigating additional front bracing and improved radiator ducting. I had more on-power understeer than I would like and proper radiator ducting will make my existing splitter work more efficiently for more front grip.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TbPAAzhDDJ0bz8lafENqFFVEvXiE4rqQ8pcdRl4EqRczOWQGU6Cf7sM8fwZhUjTm