1 2 3 4
Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
1/24/22 12:20 p.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

Switched to a full size Harley after but needed a bigger trailer, no pics, sorry

Berck
Berck New Reader
1/24/22 1:55 p.m.

I've done worse, but I think this is the best photo I have.

That's a full sized keyboard with room for a passenger.  That space behind the passenger seat comes in really handy for long things assuming it's not raining.

Berck
Berck New Reader
1/24/22 2:00 p.m.

This is also more extreme than many think is appropriate for a Miata:

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/24/22 4:40 p.m.

Had to get an old box spring to the dump and this was the easiest way. Roll bars come in handy, as do Harbor Freight ratchet straps.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/24/22 6:31 p.m.
Berck said:

This is also more extreme than many think is appropriate for a Miata:

Oh...bullcrap.....the roof is still up !  laugh

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
1/24/22 11:48 p.m.

Not my miata, but I did take the picture. At a Lonestar Gambler 500 near Llano.

Berck
Berck New Reader
1/25/22 12:24 a.m.

In reply to NoBrakesRacing :

Okay, that wins.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/25/22 8:50 a.m.

Tiger Mom and I just drove my sons NB 2000+ miles from Kentucky to Nevada in the middle of winter.  That's a long time to be confined to a Miata cabin.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/25/22 9:28 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

As much as I love my Miatas, that is a long trip. 

1/25/22 9:29 a.m.
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) said:

Had to get an old box spring to the dump and this was the easiest way. Roll bars come in handy, as do Harbor Freight ratchet straps.

Yes!

I'm loving the resurfacing of this thread everyone! Keep doing impressive stuff with Miatas!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/25/22 9:39 a.m.

Driving the NA on R888s with $6k worth of suspension/brakes on the street. 

Pulled up next an F250 at a stop light and my eyes were at the height of the bottom of the door. I stopped driving it on the street after that. 

1/25/22 2:48 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I was instilled by my father who is also a fan of Miatas, driving a Miata is like driving a motorcycle. Just assume they don't see you. Doesn't mean you can't drive them on the street, but I can understand why some don't. (I stopped riding motorcycles on the street a while back.)

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
2/17/22 9:01 p.m.

Today I had a 1.6 miata engine block in my passenger seat and the oil pan on the floor. I needed to clean the insides for assembly.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/22 6:52 a.m.
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to z31maniac :

I was instilled by my father who is also a fan of Miatas, driving a Miata is like driving a motorcycle. Just assume they don't see you. Doesn't mean you can't drive them on the street, but I can understand why some don't. (I stopped riding motorcycles on the street a while back.)

I always assume that people cannot see you even if they are looking directly at you.  I've thought I made eye contact with people right before they turned in front of me.

Also, it is AMAZING how much damage a 170lb rider on a 20lb bike going 15mph can do to the door of a dustbuster era GM minivan. 

The more people in the vehicle, the more likely they are oblivious to the world.  Double points for sunglasses.   And now that my eyes are getting crappy enough that I have to wear sunglasses at certain hours, I can see why - you can't see E36 M3 when wearing sunglasses.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
2/18/22 7:36 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I've used mine to carry a set of four race tires.

Same, but a little different. 3 where the passenger seat was, 1 in the trunk on my way from SF to Laguna and a few other tracks

MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
2/20/22 10:59 p.m.
MyMiatas said:

Today I had a 1.6 miata engine block in my passenger seat and the oil pan on the floor. I needed to clean the insides for assembly.

And here it is now....

3/3/22 11:26 a.m.

Picked up a new kitchen sink....

Ran ratchet straps under the trunk lid, closed it, set the box on, and then tightened it down. It didn't budge. Only got a couple weird looks coming home. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
3/3/22 12:08 p.m.

No pictures but we recced some seriously rough rally stages with my Showroom Stock Miata. As the car had been rolled (and repaired) I wasn't worried about hurting it.

4/4/22 8:53 a.m.

Brother in law has been using his Miata as a work truck. Much better fuel mileage...

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
4/4/22 3:22 p.m.

I am hauling many hundreds of pounds of broken guardrail posts from their dumping ground at Mosport (CTMP) to my fire pit also at the track (this was not the only load, we have big fires). 

BenB
BenB HalfDork
4/4/22 3:40 p.m.

I hauled a 12 ft Maple tree in a 15-gal bucket in my MSM a couple of days ago. 

rattlecan
rattlecan New Reader
4/7/22 2:30 p.m.

Does this count?

4/7/22 2:32 p.m.

In reply to rattlecan :

Definitely! 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/22 9:20 a.m.

Maybe I don't need a Suburban. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/21/22 1:10 p.m.

Not exactly Miata, but...

I can fit a jockey box in the front seat with 2x 5gal kegs and a 20lbs CO2 tank in the trunk.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OUAIOuZlOuOjAjF5OoE2v1mL0AhBGbc94Nr9pfw30Yl0XVczhdIyAAWje7HqXmey