1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/3/15 1:07 p.m.

I forgot to mention,the van did have one hiccup. The horn button failed and caused the horn to b stuck on, or sound whenever I hit a bump in the road. It was easy enough to fix though. I finally got around to putting a working stereo in it as well. It is a fairly modern Bluetooth integrated head unit, and I love it. Not very vintage looking, but it beats listening to the tiny speakers on my phone, or the tunes /voices in my head.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/5/15 9:27 a.m.

One year ago today I successfully imported the van. I guess I did it right.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
8/6/15 3:05 p.m.

I'm curious to see where the Bringatrailer auction Delica goes in terms of price. It has some more desirable options but honestly I'd rather have your baby blue. It's got more character.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/6/15 4:50 p.m.

That should be a $12-14k van.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/12/15 4:51 p.m.

I nailed the bid range of that delica. It sold for $13k. I guess I got a great deal on mine. Not as well equipped, but maybe in slightly better condition and less kilometres.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
8/12/15 4:59 p.m.

Still love this van and hope to someday cross paths so I can ride shotgun with a fake steering wheel in my hands.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/14/15 1:10 p.m.

Registered the van one year ago yesterday. 7k miles on it over the past year.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
12/18/15 8:38 a.m.
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/20/16 10:21 a.m.

Could I get this thread moved to the adventure forum?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/5/16 10:36 a.m.

Two years into ownership, and I still love this van! Have since added another Mitsubishi to the fleet as a project for my oldest son and I.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/16 11:59 a.m.

I'm still jealous but I like the Montero more.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/5/16 8:47 p.m.

The Montero can't hold a candle to the coolness of the Delica.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/16 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

Having grown up with the delusion of one day entering the Dakar a white Pajero is a pretty cool truck.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
8/5/16 9:21 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Two years into ownership, and I still love this van! Have since added another Mitsubishi to the fleet as a project for my oldest son and I.

Two years into your ownership, and I still love your van too.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
8/6/16 1:43 a.m.
The Montero can't hold a candle to the coolness of the Delica.

As a Montero owner i demand that you stop reminding me.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
8/6/16 6:20 a.m.

Am I the only one that thinks he should paint it white and letter NASA down both sides?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/12/16 7:30 a.m.

2 years ago today I believe was when I registered the Delica. Hard to believe it's been that long. Took the van off road(aside from the beach) for the first time yesterday with a group of Mitsubishi Montero guys. I had loads of fun, but was very nervous that I was going to damage the Deli. Scraped a few times, but I don't think I did any damage to the van. It was so much fun, but nerve racking. The van performed surprisingly well considering it is stock, and on tires that are not very off-road friendly.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
8/12/16 8:57 a.m.

I watch this guy's stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/coachpotato101

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/13/16 8:53 a.m.

Short video of our "off-roading" trip on Thursday. Not sure this is going to work as I don't really understand Facebook, and I'm only really using my wife's account as I don't have an account.

Bouncy Delica

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
11/2/16 7:42 a.m.

Is it strange that after 2+ years of owning this van I now have to think about what side to get in on every other car? I almost never screw up getting in on the wrong side of the Delica anymore, but caught myself think about which side was the drive side on my RX-7 on Sunday. Strange.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/9/17 7:57 a.m.

So, its been almost 3 years since I got my Delica. I love it, but now I see my importer has the almost exact model I wanted to begin with. It isn't the color I want(all white), but it does tick all of the other boxes. Do I try to trade mine in, or sell it, and get this one, or just stick with mine? I think body wise mine is in much better condition, and has lower mileage, but man I love the high roof, and sky lights!!

Delica

What would you guys do?

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UberDork
5/9/17 8:05 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

I'd keep yours! Not only is it pretty damn awesome, but I'm not seeing too much different on the one in the link. It has a fridge and a light bar, and that rear ladder. I would think that you could probably get stuff like that for yours. Also, your grand adventure to get the one you have should cement it as part of your fleet.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/9/17 8:10 a.m.
Tony Sestito wrote: In reply to Mazdax605: I'd keep yours! Not only is it pretty damn awesome, but I'm not seeing too much different on the one in the link. It has a fridge and a light bar, and that rear ladder. I would think that you could probably get stuff like that for yours. Also, your grand adventure to get the one you have should cement it as part of your fleet.

Dat roof tho!! Oh yeah, and it has a karaoke machine built in. Of course I don't think I could /would ever use it, but how many people can say they have a karaoke machine in their turbo diesel 4wd mini van?

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/9/17 8:44 a.m.

Wanna know what's even cooler than a Delica?

A PAIR of Delicas!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UberDork
5/9/17 9:00 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

Doesn't yours have a giant opening sunroof?

I still say keep yours and "accessorize" it with some sweet, period-correct JDM goodness. Get an old CRT TV in there and an AV-modded Nintendo Famicom console with an Everdrive flash cart loaded with every NES/Famicom game for added awesomeness. That would be WAY cooler than a karaoke machine! Plus, when you take it to shows, your kids can kick back and play some Double Dragon or Mega Man in the back!

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6S5344yITdJW2OtgMWzcRX0jUwREGl0zY94XCw7RGUuDa5R70oLxyIMtJKXKpVPx