1 ... 4 5 6 7
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/9/17 9:04 a.m.

It would have to be a Mitsubishi television of course. I wouldn't know how to do any of that, but if you are willing to help, I'm sure my kids would love it. My favorite game ever is Mega Man by the way. My van does indeed have the large sunroof in the rear.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UberDork
5/9/17 9:19 a.m.

In reply to Mazdax605:

Well, you'll need one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Famicom-Console-AV-Modded-/262967641580?hash=item3d3a17c5ec:g:-F4AAOSw42dZC9ko

Make sure it's "A/V Modded". That adds composite A/V Out so you can hook it up to an American TV. Also, use a Model 1 Sega Genesis A/C Adapter for the correct US voltage.

And you can go the cheap route with one of these Chinese multi-carts:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Famicom-Famiclone-150-in-1-60Pin-8Bit-Rockman-Castlevania-Kirby-and-more-/301994301788?hash=item465043595c:g:sJwAAOSwu4BV131os the Japanese versions of the 6 Mega Man (aka Rockman) games and a bunch more. An Everdrive is a cart that has a SD slot, and they cost around $100.

And yes, a Mitsubishi TV would seal the deal!

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
5/9/17 10:08 a.m.

If you want the other one I'd get the other one. I hate settling for something that is almost what I want.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
5/10/17 1:54 p.m.

Wish I was in a place to buy yours and make your decision easier.

How is the rear seat situation for kids? I thought about getting one but anticipate booster seat problems (no shoulder belts right?)

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/12/17 11:45 a.m.

Turns out the newer, cooler Delica my importer has is a consignment sale, so trading is not an option. Now I need to figure out how to sell mine and get that one.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
5/12/17 1:44 p.m.

PM sent

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
5/12/17 3:18 p.m.

I saw a delica a few weeks ago and thought about you. Good luck with it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/2/17 1:27 p.m.

Coming up on 3 years of ownership, and I regret nothing about buying this van. Well maybe not off-roading it so hard last weekend in VT, but otherwise this thing is just awesome!!

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/2/17 8:47 p.m.

Delica off-roading videos are one of my favorite things. Did you record anything? Pics? Also, congrats!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/2/17 8:49 p.m.

I don't know if there's video, but there are pics on the northeast Mitsubishi 4x4 Facebook page and possibly the Mitsubishi Montero owners Facebook page.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/24/19 9:43 p.m.

Upgraded from no hubs to these sweet Aisin manual hubs. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/25/19 7:52 a.m.

It's a love story. There is no logic in owning this. It's love. We should all be so lucky. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/25/19 7:57 a.m.
Appleseed said:

It's a love story. There is no logic in owning this. It's love. We should all be so lucky. 

There's plenty of logic to owning a 4wd diesel minivan. Zombies, that's the logic. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/19 8:27 a.m.
Mazdax605 said:
Appleseed said:

There's plenty of logic to owning a 4wd diesel minivan. Zombies, that's the logic. 

"Zombies" is the term I use for the minivan-driving plebes who park in the center lane with the cruise control on and their brains off.

(Aoodly appropriate, since Romero's original metaphor was that of mindless consumerism)

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/25/19 8:29 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Mazdax605 said:
Appleseed said:

"Zombies" is the term I use for the minivan-driving plebes who park in the left lane with the cruise control on and their brains off.

This thing is never in the left lane. It's glacially slow. No cruise either. I'm currently not sure of what sort of brain function I posses. 

imgon
imgon HalfDork
5/25/19 8:01 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

So have you figured out how the get your "passengers" secured safely yet? I have slightly larger figures at our house that could possibly be donated. They would be much more conspicuous than the little one you have. I think the idea is spectacular. Would also be game to follow behind with the GoPro. Dooo iiiit!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/25/19 8:30 p.m.
imgon said:

In reply to Mazdax605 :

So have you figured out how the get your "passengers" secured safely yet? I have slightly larger figures at our house that could possibly be donated. They would be much more conspicuous than the little one you have. I think the idea is spectacular. Would also be game to follow behind with the GoPro. Dooo iiiit!

Not yet, but I totally need to do it. I might mess with it tomorrow morning. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/27/19 4:56 p.m.

I did a thing today. I know already that I'm am idiot. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/11/19 10:29 p.m.

Almost 5 years since I registered the Delica. It has been nothing short of perfect this whole time. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
8/12/19 12:37 a.m.

If it were registered as an antique in Texas that means it would just now be up for renewal! 

Happy Anniversary heart

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/12/19 10:14 a.m.

I tend to hold onto cars I really like for a long time, and this is still young compared to my REPU, and RX-7 which have both been in the family for 16, and 14 year respectively. I'd probably hang onto this one as long, but the idea of a Pajero, or Cosmo (both radically different) have been popping into my head. I love this van, but the diesel while torquey , and pretty good overall is a real slug on the interstate. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/19 10:25 a.m.

I've been seeing this one around my town for the past few months.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/12/19 10:32 a.m.
Woody said:

I've been seeing this one around my town for the past few months.

I wanted that exact setup (only in all white) when I was looking to import mine 5 years ago. The high roof with Crystal Lite option is awesome! The roofs tend to get rusty around the wrap around sky lights though, so maybe I'm better off with the regular roof. That lower body cladding on them really looks nice too. Wish mine was higher spec, but it is still nice.

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
8/12/19 9:45 p.m.

Is it a 4d56? I drove a mighty max with one once and it seemed pretty ok. I'd really like to put one in my Montero, based on that experience. 

I love my 87 Montero but i feel like if i had the Delica first i wouldn't have had much interest in the Montero. If you're looking at newer ones that's a bit of a different ballgame because they have good v6s with a crapload of power potential. Some 1st gens had a V6 but i kinda see a 1st gen as being substantially less cool than a Delica unless it's modified to make it cooler. 

My 2.6/5spd gas montero is pretty ok to drive on the highway. Still slow, but i've had to 100 mph for some reason so it's not like it's barely capable of being on the highway. I plan to turbo mine mostly for reasons of it not becoming a E36 M3ty drive at altitude if i were to take it to a state with mountains. A 1st gen 3.0/5spd would already be fine. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
8/13/19 8:39 a.m.

Yes, 4D56T. The mighty max had a 4D55 I thought. Either way these diesels while very reliable (if kept cool) are relatively wimpy. I'd like to get a gen 2 jdm one with either the 4M40 2.8 diesel or a 3.0 V6 like in our project Pokémontero 91 LWB. 

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WPDME0GXhXhHXOteUfMYL7FDzxmeGi1nSX1OmGlBHRFlt6bGp5atl67Stjyvamfy