Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/17/22 7:49 a.m.

Facebook memory this morning, thought it was funny.  I knew the SCCA existed thru my dad in the 70s/80s and rally.  After the divorce I thought about, you know, having fun again.

I had bought the xB late 2008 more because it looked fun & could carry stuff, but after the divorce I decided to become a "car guy" again.  Could the toaster do double duty?  The answer was (mostly) yes.  Tannabe lowering springs, brace, cat back, CAI, and left in 2nd (yeah it was auto tragic), I didn't do too bad.  Got lost the first lap, of course.  A ride-along helped me on the next lap.

More important, what I thought was going to be E36 M3 talking dude-bros were actually cool people (male and female) and were fun to be around.  Enough that I joined the SCCA that evening, and after another AX discovered RX with a rental Ford Probe.  The end of 2011 gave me an excuse to buy an MR2 finally and it's gone from there.

Here I am renewing for the 11th year.  Back into AX after a little hiatus (2020 made it longer than expected), and if the RX events were closer than 4hrs away I'd be back doing that too.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/22 9:25 a.m.

yes

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/17/22 9:32 a.m.

I went to my first event April 1, 2018. I'm somewhere over 100 events now, at 17 venues. Love it!

Last time out:

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/19/22 3:18 p.m.

I'll admit that I wasn't much of a fan of the original xB at first, but it's definitely grown on me as someone who likes funky cars. I always smile when I see one out in the wild.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nxat0cOWxwBjyoNwaL9gvmWKXJOy9RWTJijzaYqJEc9qOhqp1cqZwPYuLelOWmvs