1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
12/25/21 8:05 a.m.

I put ~6500 miles on my new RF since I got it in April, including a week-long road trip and several day trips. It's just an enormously fun car to drive. Winding the engine up to the redline never ceases to entertain, and it's surprisingly quick. I'm not really a convertible guy, but even I had the top open a fair bit.

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/25/21 8:17 a.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

Congratulations! 

I have only bought one new car in my lifetime, but I am seriously considering picking up a new BRZ or GR86 as well.  My wife has given me the go ahead, now I just need to see how I fit in one.

Looking forward to seeing your impressions on the car.

I know there's a controversy about seating and comfort. I like the feel of my daughter's frs so I'm thinking I'm good. I will certainly post my unbiased results. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/21 9:04 a.m.

Congratulations! I really liked the one I saw last month at the LA auto show. Beautiful!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/25/21 6:56 p.m.

You should enjoy it. Mine gets here sometime this coming week. I went BRZ because they were taking the orders already. Just got my gold Enkei mounted with the snow tires so I can break it in on no snow days. 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/27/21 7:50 a.m.

I am in the same position but am willing to spend a bit more. Despite the sticker shock, I might sell a few cars and take the leap and get a 4.0 liter Boxster S.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/27/21 5:02 p.m.

So I went and sat in a brz this morning before it was delivered.  Didn't get to drive it obviously but I am happy to report i fit well in it, even  with a helmet.  (I brought mine to make sure)

I am going to mull it over for a few days, but as of now I am seriously considering ordering a white 6-Speed premium.

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/27/21 8:29 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

Nice choice. Marie was a 100% enabler and was voting for a c8....and she loves boxers too, but I think I'm heading in the right direction for my circumstances. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/27/21 8:30 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Awesome. I am looking forward to seeing if the seat is appreciably different from the gen1. 

bmw88rider
12/28/21 9:56 a.m.

In reply to jh36 :

I'll let you know here in probably 72 hours. I pick mine up that looks just like the one Patrick photoed and have a 500 mile break in trip planned. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/28/21 8:49 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

In reply to jh36 :

I'll let you know here in probably 72 hours. I pick mine up that looks just like the one Patrick photoed and have a 500 mile break in trip planned. 

Looking forward to that. I still believe mid-January is in the cards for me. Patience is not my best characteristic. 

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
12/29/21 3:41 p.m.

Congrats! Looking forward to reading about the exploits of Gen2 adopters here

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/29/21 5:36 p.m.

I ordered a white, 2022 Premium 6-Speed BRZ today.  It was the 1st time I ever ordered a new car.  I am super excited!

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/29/21 7:59 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

I ordered a white, 2022 Premium 6-Speed BRZ today.  It was the 1st time I ever ordered a new car.  I am super excited!

Kindred spirits. Just saw your thread. Congrats to you as well. Mine will do DD duty more often than you intend, but I do also plan to use it on track to give folks rides. 
well done. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/29/21 8:48 p.m.

Thanks.  Congratulations to you as well!  Excited to hear your impressions of your car once it arrives.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
12/29/21 11:53 p.m.

Sounds like the overwhelming choice here are the Frisbee twins!

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
12/30/21 1:40 p.m.

Has anyone kept a tally of how many GRM members have ordered an 86/BRZ so far? Obviously this is only a small niche of the market but overall it seems like a good sign that enthusiasts are actually buying new for once, which is good for the future of sports cars. My friend is waiting on one to arrive locally so that he can make sure he fits, I think he's 6' 5"

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/30/21 1:52 p.m.
dannyp84 said:

Has anyone kept a tally of how many GRM members have ordered an 86/BRZ so far? Obviously this is only a small niche of the market but overall it seems like a good sign that enthusiasts are actually buying new for once, which is good for the future of sports cars. My friend is waiting on one to arrive locally so that he can make sure he fits, I think he's 6' 5"

I think there are 4 that have chimed in so far. Not bad. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/30/21 2:04 p.m.
dannyp84 said:

I am 6'4 and 210lbs and I fit well.  I even brought my helmet along and had at least 1/2 an inch of headroom over the helmet.

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/6/22 4:44 p.m.

Just got a text from my guy...the ship hits Port of Baltimore on 1/8.  

bmw88rider
1/6/22 5:56 p.m.

Hopefully yours moves from the port faster than mine. Mine was landed at port 12.15 and still not delivered. I think it's the first one in Nebraska though. Definitely the first one my dealership network has delivered. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/6/22 7:26 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

I have no idea how long it takes to get a car through the process, but I do move a fair bit of stuff from containers to my shop. Generally speaking, it is 4-6 days even with port backups. I'm 45 minutes from the port which helps some I guess. 
But...for all I know, it's a month in a holding pen after it arrives. Sorry your wait had been drawn out. 

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/6/22 7:37 p.m.

Were the twins you guys ordered actual custom orders or just dealer allocations? Just curious how the process goes because I'm looking at these too.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/6/22 7:59 p.m.

So I am now being told that subaru corporate is not taking brz orders at this time.  Apparently they have sold far more than the originally thought and the dealers are not able to order any additional ones at this time.   I am not sure if this is actually the case or if it is a dealer allocation issue.

The local dealer has been trying to order mine since the 29th with no luck.  Apparently another guy on the gr86 forum was told the same thing when he put his deposit down today. 

I may try calling around to some other dealers tomorrow to see if they are having the same problem.

bmw88rider
1/6/22 8:28 p.m.

Custom order for mine. It's been hovering around zero here and I did get my truck delivered so the combination of those 2 have made it ok for me. 

PimpM3, I'll ask my dealer tomorrow if they have any in the pipe. I have heard that is the case as well. 

These are waiting to get mounted. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/6/22 8:31 p.m.

That would be great!  I really appreciate it, hearing the same thing from multiple sources would make me feel better. 

The dealer has been very easy to deal with to this point and I hope they wouldn't jerk me around.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uzWaIOauRdB9yaue0qYS4IyNxlTq2pWxc8kK5NPR10pBUPpvBCirYzUYH9BPM5yG